CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount+, including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount+. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Position Summary: Join an elite Emmy award winning Engineering team working on some of the most iconic studio productions in sports television. Lead a staff of Engineers supporting all studio productions on both CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network.
• Guide CBS Sports leadership and managers on technology strategy and architecture design
• Work closely with Sports Operations, Production and Graphics teams to ensure the design and integration of appropriate technologies and products to meet goals and objectives
• Work closely with Production and Graphics teams to source and implement new technology for studio productions
• Execute projects in a timely, open, and service-oriented manner
• Manage vendor relationships, negotiate contracts
• Manage and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Experience / Skills
• 8-10 years of relevant experience required with proven knowledge of Live Studio Production, Postproduction, Distribution, Master Control, MAM, Edit, Graphics - AR, Audio, Communications and Power systems
• A BSEE / BS Computer Science, Broadcasting, Engineering, or a related field is a plus but not a requirement with relevant experience.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
• Occasional travel will be required for remote studio shows, technology manufacture meetings and trade shows.
• Extensive knowledge with Audio, Video and Data technologies
• Experience standing up Cloud environments and infrastructure with broadcast and production related services and systems; both standalone and hybrid with on premises infrastructure
• Deep knowledge of SDI and IP technologies including SMPTE 2110
• Proven expertise with evaluating and recommending technology solutions to assist with making strategic decisions to advance CBS Sports use of IP and Cloud initiatives
• Proficient in Video and Audio Compression technology
• Proficient in UHD and HDR technology
• Confident communication skills and ability to provide regular management program/project briefings and presentations
• Proficient in project management disciplines and processes
• Manage Engineering and Maintenance personnel
• Track record of technology, innovation, and implementation
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.