LOCATION: EASTERN OR CENTRAL TIME ZONE, USA (REMOTE)
Are you ready to use your storytelling and production skills to expand the impact of a pioneering social enterprise and correct the vision of millions of low-income customers so they can work, learn, stay safe, and care for their families?
VisionSpring seeks a collaborative, technically savvy visual storyteller. The global multimedia marketing manager leads MP4 & MP3 content creation and development, creating original content directly and managing a team of international consultants to produce multimedia content. The global manager oversees day-to-day dynamic content development, operations, and co-manages amplification. Audiences include current and potential individual donors; institutional donors; media outlets; partners; and other key stakeholders. The person in this role works closely with the global director of marketing and communications and the global communications manager to develop and implement VisionSpring’s strategic communications plan, including the editorial calendar. The global manager is the primary liaison with internal/external photographers and videographers.
As VisionSpring builds its marketing and communications capacity, the person in this role works in close collaboration with internal stakeholders, including the marketing, development, programs, and sales teams across eight countries—Bangladesh, Ghana, India, Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Vietnam, and Zambia—and other markets. This position reports to the global director of marketing and communications and may be located anywhere in the Eastern or Central time zone of the United States.
• You are an excellent video producer, writer, and storyteller. You find joy in collaboration with team members across time zones to uncover the colorful details that bring your stories to life, even if it means starting early some mornings.
• You are deeply curious about social enterprise models, field operations, and the experiences of partners and customers; you are an exceptional organizational ambassador.
• You shine when communicating with internal and external stakeholders, and your words inspire excitement about what we can do together.
• You have an eye for design and love generating distinctive messaging that allows mission-driven organizations to do good, better.
• You enjoy creating structure, have exceptional focus and follow-through, and prioritize before you act.
• You are flexible and adaptable, and thrive in environments where each day is unlike the next.
• VisionSpring is creating access to affordable eyewear, everywhere. Clear vision creates opportunities for increased learning, work, safety, civic participation, and quality of life.
• As a social enterprise, social change motivates us first. Our focus on sales and revenue targets serves and advances our mission objective—to increase functioning, productivity, and income earning potential for our low-income consumers by correcting refractive error with eyeglasses.
• We are working to transform the systemic dysfunction of an optical market that has failed to deliver eyeglasses—a 700-year-old technology—to 1.1 billion consumers in need of vision correction, most of whom live on less than $4 a day.
• We serve low-income consumers, not as beneficiaries but as customers. Our customers expect a high-quality and affordable product, and they will spend limited discretionary income for the immediate and tangible benefits of vision correction.
• By selling eyeglasses, we awaken new demand and seed a viable market. By selling new eyeglasses we are able to serve four times as many people per dollar input than the alternative of donating recycled ones. To efficiently scale, we must deliver each new unit with lower cost.
• We run our business on both sales metrics and social impact measures. We use a range of organizational forms and practices to get the job done.
• We believe in scaling our impact, not our organization. We are a lean team of doers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Content Creation, Development, and Oversight
• Work closely with the CEO to master the visual and written production of the VisionSpring “voice.”
• Work globally with key internal stakeholders, i.e. development, sales, programs, and HR teams, to create the multimedia materials they need to succeed.
• Capitalize on opportunities to teach colleagues how to create dynamic content with the VisionSpring voice.
• Write and edit high-performance content including videos, social media posts, annual and quarterly reports, donor communications, fact sheets, website collateral, briefings, newsletters, blogs, and scripts.
• Maintain VisionSpring’s brand throughout all content including appropriate use of logo, consistent look and feel, and messaging.
• Build and manage a team of international consultants to produce multimedia content for omnichannel publication.
• Manage major editorial projects including multimedia annual reports, digital catalogs, and short- and long-form documentaries.
• Co-manage day-to-day multimedia communications operations creating content, editing, and contributing to the design of social media campaigns, grant proposals, and digital and print materials for programs, products, press opportunities, and publicity amplification.
Strategy, Planning, and Reporting
• Work with global director of marketing and communications to develop and implement a strategic communications plan that amplifies VisionSpring’s story.
• Create and develop a content creation program, including co-management of the editorial calendar and process.
• Track communication activities, prepare and submit content performance reports and plans to scale.
• Create and design a dynamic tactical content strategy and a 3-5-year multimedia road map with key KPIs to measure success as VisionSpring creates, delivers, and publishes engaging content.
• Identify leaders in multimedia content. Analyze their effective practices to determine feasibility for implementing similar content strategies.
• Contribute to reports on marketing and communications metrics.
Website and Digital Marketing Management
• Develop and manage VisionSpring’s website, co-create and update content and blogs regularly, and identify opportunities to improve visitor conversion rates.
• Assess and drive the development of the website’s current and future user interface (UI) to improve the user experience (UX). Manage and serve as VisionSpring’s advocate when negotiating and managing design, timelines, and deliverables with external and internal web design resources.
• Lead the development and creation of a global website that captures web traffic, curating and converting users into partners, donors, and/or advocates through effective design.
• Implement a staged website redesign leveraging external UI/UX designers and coders.
• Design and implement an international SEO strategy that builds out a Google My Business account and improves mobile responsiveness, link building, and partner reviews and ratings while working in tandem with internal and external resources.
• Leverage Google Analytics to develop future digital content strategy.
• Create and execute full lifecycle multimedia campaigns, from inception through market launch, and manage performance metrics, learning, and iteration.
• Support promotion of fundraising and business development opportunities through dynamic content that will enhance VisionSpring’s reputation externally, including securing television speaking engagements for leaders and managing multimedia for publicity events and other thought leadership opportunities.
• Coach colleagues in preparation for interviews, workshops, events, and press briefings to advance the mission with national and international media.
• Salary range is $75,000 - $90,000 per year, based on experience and technical skills.
• Annual performance-based bonus.
• We offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision, as well as 401(k) with match, flexible spending accounts, and generous vacation/personal time.
• We want to know more than just what you have done. We want to know who you are. What are the passions and talents that draw you to this role?
• Please update your CV/résumé to include links to your portfolio of multimedia work AND a phrase or sentence describing the business of each organization where you have worked. Applications without this information are disadvantaged in the process.
• Please submit a complete application, including a thoughtful cover letter and CV/résumé, to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1054182/VisionSpring-Inc/Global-Multimedia-Marketing-Manager
• Please note, only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.
• At VisionSpring, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our core value to advance equity. Our mission is predicated on removing a fundamental barrier to full economic and social participation—uncorrected blurry vision. The values that underpin our mission energize our commitment to a diverse and inclusive team. A diverse team also allows VisionSpring to approach problems with nuance and develop unique insights that drive an outsized positive impact in the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain talented people from diverse backgrounds and support everyone in being exactly who they are. VisionSpring is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Experience / Skills
• Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant work experience.
• Strong script writing skills and the ability to proofread at an advanced level.
• Experience in media production.
• Advanced skills in video editing through Adobe Premiere, proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and experience using Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Experience using Google Analytics, Google Ads, and PPC.
• Impeccable attention to detail with strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in filmmaking, journalism, communications, or a liberal arts field.
• Comfort with a flexible work schedule and working across multiple time zones.
• Experience, and a commitment to, working respectfully with a diverse team; experience collaborating with outside consultants to move projects forward.
• Demonstrated interest in social enterprise models and desire to learn how to articulate and share VisionSpring’s unique approach.
• Must meet the highest standards of ethics and personal integrity, with a demonstrated capacity for discretion and for handling sensitive information with care.
• Must be highly organized with extraordinary follow through and a strong personal sense of accountability.
• Must be legally and permanently authorized to work in the United States.
• Must be able to travel, up to 25% of time, for domestic and international assignments to locations with limited infrastructure.
• You will impress us if you have any of the following: (1) Advanced degree in communications, public relations, or another related field; (2) Experience working with the media (print, television, online) including the development, successful delivery, and uptake of press releases; (3) Experience living in a low-income setting and/or working/studying across languages and cultures; (4) Experience crafting communications for social enterprises and/or nonprofits. (5) Understanding of the PR supply chain; and/or (6) Experience using marketing automation platforms.
VisionSpring, an award-winning international social enterprise, is creating access to affordable eyewear so that people living on less than $4 per day can see well to do well.