Assistant Athletics Director for Broadcast, Technology & Mktg Operations
40,000.00 — 50,000.00 per year
Stephen F Austin State University
This is a professional position responsible for the quality and quantity of athletic contests broadcast on media partner channels. Responsible for video board production of all football and men’s and women’s basketball contests, which helps to increase the exposure and awareness of the university. Responsible for assisting in creating a fan experience that enhances fan development and engagement. Serves as a member of the external pperations team. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Director of Athletics.
1. Directs and produces quality live, high definition video webcasts via the selected distribution platform.
2. Serves as a liaison to ESPN Networks and other conference broadcast partners, production companies, other technology providers, and campus video directors to coordinate television broadcasts, video streaming, web and social media video efforts, and game day stadium/arena productions.
3. Directs all video content on the football and basketball video displays to promote an exciting and interactive game day environment.
4. Develops a visionary, creative, and effective video communications unit that works collaboratively with other members of the external operations team to deliver sound game day content.
5. Develops in-game scripts in conjunction with the external unit for all ticketed athletic events in coordination with Learfield/Lumberjack Sports Properties and the athletics operations team.
6. Plans and coordinates fan experience elements including, but not limited to, anthem, halftime, musical entertainment, spirit program and student organizations, in-game promotions, public address (PA) announcements, and videoboard features in coordination with Learfield/Lumberjack Sports Properties and the athletics operations team.
7. Works with external operations team and the Learfield/Lumberjack Sports Properties General Manager (and/or designee) to ensure sponsorship elements are fulfilled.
8. Assists with the development and implementation of comprehensive athletic marketing plans to create a first-class fan experience; fosters innovative and collaborative efforts to engage students, staff, alumni, supporters and prospective fans.
9. Assists with developing digital graphic designs and videos for websites, social media, emails, banner advertising, campus video boards, and other projects.
10. Creates in-house video and graphic opportunities and works with outside creative partners when needed to enhance the promotion of the department, specifically sports promotion and team and individual accomplishments.
11. Produces feature video content for use as needed.
12. Researches and assesses new video and graphic methods and technology and makes recommendations for new equipment, modifications, or process enhancements as appropriate.
13. Hires, schedules, and supervises student workers to assist in the broadcast technology and marketing operations units.
Experience / Skills
Bachelor’s degree in communications, radio/television, cinematography, marketing, public relations, sports management/marketing, or a related field is required.
Two years of related experience is required. Experience with field and live video production is required. Experience with graphic design and animation software used in video productions is required. Experience working with production software, production switchers, and LED video displays is required. Additional education may substitute for experience on a basis set forth by the Department of Human Resources.
About Stephen F Austin State University
The Stephen F. Austin State University athletics department seeks to enhance the personal development of student-athletes by permitting them to participate in a high level of competition, while at the same time monitoring the educational commitment of the University to these students. The program instills in its student-athletes the values of good sportsmanship, affords the otherwise unattainable opportunities to develop leadership skills, and serves as a laboratory for students to learn, grow and connect.