The Director of Operations is the glue that keeps TRC running. With oversight of day-to-day general management, continual process improvement, and staff training and development, this hire will ensure operational excellence and a positive customer experience for all who visit, rehearse, and record at TRC. Specifically, the Director of Operations will:
- Hire, train, coach, and support the professional development of a currently 15-member team. - - Provide direct supervision and mentoring to manager-level staff.
- Oversee asset and facility management, including the upkeep of the physical building and business systems. Empower the Studio Operations Manager to manage all music-related technology and equipment.
- Design, document, and institutionalize operational policies and processes. Identify areas where key processes/systems do not exist and pursue opportunities to improve existing processes/systems.
- Liaise with finance, HR, IT, and physical safety staff to ensure the seamless execution of all business operations.
- Serve as front-line staff member in handling difficult customer complaints and concerns, anticipating problems whenever possible and ensuring swift attention to resolving problems as they arise.
- Model and conduct oneself with a fierce commitment to radical hospitality and customer service, and high standards for daily business practices.
- Set the tone for a culture of welcoming and belonging, creating an environment where every music maker feels safe and included and where everyone can create their best work.
Experience / Skills
- You are inspired by TRC’s mission, vision, and values.
- You have the know-how and experience in the policies, processes, and systems that keep a business operating, including short- and long-term business planning.
- You are obsessed about the customer experience. You go above and beyond to ensure every customer feels welcomed and cared for.
- You are a motivating and supportive people manager.
- You are a creative and level-headed problem-solver.
- You geek out on policy creation and process improvement.
About The Record Co.
The Record Co. (TRC) is a nonprofit dedicated to making space for Boston’s music makers. We believe in the power of music creation to bring people together and build a shared understanding across differences. We exist to make sure that no matter who you are, no matter why you make music, you can keep making.
In January 2022, TRC opened a new 12,500 square foot recording, rehearsal, and event space. Since then, we’ve provided affordable access to over 6,600 recording and rehearsal sessions for thousands of musicians. Our vision is to continue to grow our operations as we work towards a more equitable and sustainable music community in Boston.