Assistant Director of Video Operations
The Southeastern Conference is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Assistant Director of Video Operations. The Southeastern Conference has been a leader in the development of technology related to officiating video and replay, including being the first Conference to implement collaborative replay in football, the first Conference to use collaborative replay in men’s and women’s basketball and the first to use centralized replay in softball and baseball. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to assist the Conference in further positioning itself as a leader in this area
The Assistant Director of Video Operations provides support for all aspects of the SEC’s Video Operations Program, including working in the SEC Video Center during events and attending selected SEC Championship events.
• Provide support for all aspects of the SEC’s Video Operations Program.
• Manage technology associated with centralized replay in the Video Center and at each campus.
• Develop and manage a process to capture inquiries, questions, and plays from institutions for review.
• Work with selected officiating coordinators to deliver high quality weekly training videos (or at intervals prescribed by coordinators) to improve the performance of officials.
• Proactively plan with officiating coordinators to identify current technology needs and lead strategic planning for 12 – 18 months in advance of projected needs.
• Develop a workflow schedule with the Director of Video Operations to ensure all video needs are fulfilled throughout the year.
• Prepare video and share as required to support quick and accurate reviews for the Commissioner.
• Assist in the Video Center on gamedays in all other sports as assigned.
• Design and build an effective video library of games, categorized plays, and play types to support the evaluation and training of officials and to support overall video needs of the officiating coordinator for each sport.
• Maintain key working relationships throughout an SEC office and with Sun Belt Conference personnel on matters related to video operations, officiating, and competition.
• Maintain the SEC Video Center’s equipment and technology.
• Assist with the creation and management of video and graphics at selected SEC Championship events.
• Provide video and technology support for meetings at the SEC Office.
• Coordinate technology upgrades in the SEC Office.
• Evaluate video hardware and software and make recommendations to Director of Video Operations about potential upgrades to Conference video capabilities.
• Coordinate with TV partners, stadium personnel and network vendors to ensure facilities connections are working properly and troubleshoots issues for resolution.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Video Operations.
Experience / Skills
Minimum qualifications for this position include having earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Desired candidates would have experience working in video support within a professional or collegiate setting. Key characteristics of the successful candidate include: strong organizational skills; ability to interact with diverse groups; willingness to work in an environment with multiple priorities and meet deadlines; commitment to work evenings, weekends and non-traditional hours.
About Southeastern Conference
The SEC is an equal employment opportunity employer and fully committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace and within the Conference. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.