MLB Network seeks an Engineer to provide engineering support for a state of the art HD television facility.
• Support and maintain multiple studio production environments.
• Support and maintain large post-production and SAN systems.
• Support and maintain advanced television graphics systems.
• Support and maintain transmission systems and earth station.
• Other such duties as required.
Experience / Skills
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• The position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on experience supporting studio and post- production environments.
• Enhanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with a willingness to learn.
• Superior knowledge of current and prospective future television systems and formats.
• Understanding of fiber optic and copper networking technologies.
• Candidate should be a self-starter and a team player.
• Must be detail oriented, meticulous and able to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work well and multi-task in a dynamic television broadcast environment.
• Large scale SAN infrastructure, AutoCAD and communications technologies administration and development a plus.
• Knowledge of basic computer and networking skills including Microsoft Office suite products.
• Ability to learn new concepts and develop the skill sets needed to achieve the Level III Engineer role.
• Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized environment of live television.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to sit, stand, kneel, for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
• Possess visual acuity sufficient to perform required tasks.
• Possess manual dexterity sufficient to perform required tasks.
• Possess a level of hearing sufficient for effective interaction with stakeholders by various means, including in-person, via phone, etc.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent level of experience.