Starr Media is looking for a production intern to join our growing team. from 3-5 days a week to work as a production assistant in both the the office and on set and in the field for live productions.
This opportunity will provide a wide range of experience on all aspects of production from pre-production, production and filming to post production.
Depending on your capabilities there is also an opportunity to help as an assistant editor as well. Through hands-on work you will learn the nuts and bolts of the business side of production, become familiar with multiple cameras and lighting systems, and may even have the opportunity for some project travel.
This position requires excellent organization and communication skills, with professional business etiquette and approach to conference calls, emails, and record keeping.
● 3-5 days a week
● Pre-production support - travel booking / call sheets / locations / props / logistics / catering
● Production - Production assistant / direct camera interaction / tele prompting
● Optional - Editing skills - assistant editor work
● Production crew hiring and coordination/communication Production document creation and management, including call sheets, production schedules, timelines,COIs, carnets, talent and location releases, etc.
● Location sourcing, booking, and management
● Travel research, coordination, and booking
● Talent search, booking, and management
● Crew transportation coordination and management
● Craft services and meal plan management
● Crew communication coordination and management
● Production expense tracking and management
● Production errands
● Assistance with rentals Coordination
High-level details of the internship:
● The internship will start in late August summer and end in December with the possibility of continuing on as a production assistant. Precise dates are flexible
● It will be paid, at $20/hr, with a minimum of 30 hrs of work per week
● The work will generally be 9-5 Monday to Friday, but we will work some weekends. A schedule will be provided.
● Overtime Pay will be paid after 10 hours in a single day, at $30/hr.
● Your role will be an Intern / production assistant, carrying out normal PA duties, but due to the nature of the internship, you will have the opportunity to learn more about the production process and will be performing many tasks generally carried out by a production coordinator, with the oversight of our senior team.
Office Location: Times Square, New York, NY
Experience / Skills
The ideal candidate will have experience and proven a passion for filmmaking and production as well as strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
About Starr Media
We are a small but mighty team, creating world-class commercial content for blue-chip companies like Nike, Adidas, Tommy Hilfiger, Tiffany & Co., Spotify, Loreal, and many more! We travel the world telling brand stories and enjoy the challenge of the fast-paced commercial production landscape and hope to find a creative editor to join our team!