Bally Sports is seeking a Broadcast Engineer to support live studio production, live broadcast events, post-production, and equipment maintenance. The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of analog, digital, and IP technologies as used in a broadcast environment.
This position will provide Engineering support for all in and outbound production feeds, Studio production, repairing and installing broadcast and editing equipment of Bally Sports South and Southeast.
• Requires a solid understanding of technology and practices necessary to perform maintenance, installation in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment
• Engineering support for all live and prerecorded Studio productions
• A working knowledge of IT and data networking is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure.
• Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
• A willingness to perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position.
• Good communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
• Provide Engineering support with all ENG television equipment
• Shift work on a rotating schedule as necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
Experience / Skills
• 2-4 year electrical/electronic/IT related degree (or equivalent experience and qualifications)
• 2+ years of applicable work experience or demonstrated equivalent competency
• Functional expertise and problem-solving abilities in most core broadcast systems
• Ability to execute projects autonomously
• Must have a good understanding of system design and be able to create and follow flow drawings.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of broadcast systems operations.
• Network administration and diagnostic skills.
• Working knowledge of broadcast IP routers or exposure to cloud solutions is a plus.
• Systems administration/security desired
• CAD Skills desired
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MacOS, and Linux
• Must be highly motivated to learn new emerging television and IT technologies and broaden knowledge of existing systems.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.