The Associate Commissioner – Media Partnerships is responsible for managing the day-to-day execution and maximization of the ACC’s media partnerships and related agreements (linear and digital broadcast, radio, digital). Working closely with members of the ACC Executive staff and Leadership Team, this Leadership Team position will report to the Deputy Commissioner – CFO & Business Administration.
• Serve as the primary day-to-day liaison to ACC media partners.
• Identify and execute opportunities to drive revenue and implement efficiencies across all aspects of each partnership.
• Work closely with campus production units and ACC Network to ensure the successful maximization of the school production model.
• Prepare presentation materials and updates for use across Conference governance groups.
• Serve as a primary ACC representative in organizational meetings with ESPN/ACC Network, including scheduling, production, programming, sponsorship, and more.
• Organize and lead internal and external engagements with the ACC Network Liaisons, coaches, school production leads, etc.
• Identify new strategic programming opportunities, including emerging non-traditional content categories, that continually enhance network and broadcast partner value.
• Work closely with sport leads to assist with the development and maximization of schedule commitments while balancing varying needs and priorities.
• Ensure proactive communication with member institutions related to programming (ACC Huddle, ACC Road Trip, all-access, school takeovers, etc.) and other related content.
• Maintain, disseminate, and educate constituents on the ACC’s Multimedia Broadcast Guidelines and other content guidelines.
• Work closely with the ACC’s designated media consultant and analytics partner to identify data to support the Conference’s decision making.
• Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure quality and compelling content that drives engagement and maximizes revenue.
• Assist with matters related to the execution of ACC sponsorship and sales.
• Create and disseminate viewership reports that measure ACC audiences.
• Assist in organizing regular partner meetings to review performance and preview opportunities to enhance all aspects of media partnerships.
• Serve as a primary business and strategy manager with ACC digital partners.
• Responsible for cross-departmental alignment on strategy development regarding ACC media partnerships.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Assist with and attend select Conference championships and events and perform other duties as assigned.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be requested to perform additional functions and other duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills
Education Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or professional certification in business, finance, marketing, communications, or related field.
• 8+ years of experience in the business of television and/or broadcast media.
• Problem solving, critical thinking, and excellent time management skills are required.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must pass pre-employment screens.
Key Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to identify strategies needed to grow a business and focus on and execute against the smaller details.
• Ability to show calm, courteous and professional demeanor under pressure when working with various situations and/or people.
• Proven ability to take initiative and make sound decisions without direction.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• High attention to detail and organizational skills. Proven team-builder and team player, listener, and collaborator; proven ability to maintain a positive attitude; reliable and dependable.
• Proactive communicator with high level of organization. Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
• Display leadership, a service mindset, integrity, professionalism, and accountability.
• Always represent the ACC and its member institutions with pride and professionalism.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours.
• Ability to remain standing/walking for up to 4 hours.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. of equipment.
• Due to the nature of the ACC’s business, travel will occur to multiple sites as dictated by major and minor event schedules.
• Due to the nature of events indoors and outdoors, you must be able to endure varying weather conditions including wind, rain, and high and low temperatures.
• Understanding that due to the nature of our business working hours can include nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.