Welcome. I’m Mwita. I direct commercials, documentaries, and I’m developing a feature film.
Learn more about me and Mwendo: https://www.mwendo.co
We tell stories for incredible people and organizations around the globe. I’m looking for a skilled filmmaker and editor who can collaborate with me on creative and execute the vision. Editing skills will be a primary determining factor for this position, but it will involve quite a bit of production as well. Depending on the project that would be a Camera OP, AC, DP, field producer, or second director.
To join our team you need to be able to see the big picture and are motivated by the profound impact our stories can have.
This job will require coming to work in our home based office in Potomac Falls, VA, showing up to local productions in D.C. and traveling to remote locations around the world. If you are looking for a position that gets you home by 5:30pm everyday. This is not it. If you’re looking to meet incredible people around the world and amplify their cause, you’re in the right place!
- Lead Editor
- File Management // DIT
- Motion Graphics
- Sound Editing, Design, Cleanup, and Mixing
- Color Correction
- Photo Editing
- Creative and logistics development
- Equipment Management & Shoot Prep
- If Experienced: DP
- Camera Op, AC, AD, Producer, Grip, Audio, etc.
- Occasionally leading solo or smaller productions.
- Field Producing
Marketing & Social Media:
- Preparation of marketing video and photo
- Distribution of finished content
- Writing Social, Email, and Case study
Experience / Skills
- 10 years of editing and -post-production experience with an excellent portfolio.
- Extremely proficient with Premiere Pro and familiar with After Effects & Resolve.
- 5 years of on-set support experience.
- Preferred: cinematography experience and portfolio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent Focus and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times, stressful environment.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Walking, Lifting, Standing for 12-hour production days.
We tell human stories to unite people across physical and cultural boundaries.
We create to improve the world around us for all people. As filmmakers, we choose to tell stories that unite rather than divide. We emphasize our shared humanity to transcend physical and cultural boundaries.