Serve the role of producer and editor for all Broadcast Production content creation including long form broadcast television show content, production for social media, in-game activation, Fox Sports Florida broadcasts, and internal and external client needs.
• Reports To: Senior Producer
• Indirectly Reports To:
• # of Direct Reports:
FT Staff: 0
PT Staff: 0
• Game night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of games worked per season: ALL HOME GAMES
• Event night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of events worked per season: 1-20
• Hire and supervise departmental intern and manage their workflow.
• Provide coaching, direction and oversee development of direct reports.
• Provide ongoing timely performance management feedback through regular touch base meetings and the Quarterly Check In (QCI) process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, write, produce and edit long-form broadcast television shows with a focus on the communication of player stories and Orlando Magic organizational initiatives and goals.
o Work with Broadcast Production and outside partners to determine content and storylines.
o Schedule shoots and edit times as needed.
o Communicate the needs for freelance help as needed and work to schedule the correct talent to maximize time and budget.
o Produce promos to run prior to the release of each show.
o Maximize content by creating alternate uses for footage not being utilized in each show.
o Ensure shows are being delivered to broadcast partners on time and in the required formats.
• Work with Director of Live Entertainment and Production and Senior Producer to evaluate the needs of the organization, develop action plans and execute content creation with the support of Broadcast Production producers, editors and videographers.
• Collaborate with Broadcast Production management to generate innovative and engaging content for Orlando Magic digital media platforms.
• Produce, write and edit content, including but not limited to:
o Features (Social media, Fox Sports, In-Arena, orlandomagic.com & internal/external partner needs)
o Long-form broadcast television shows
o Live shows (Facebook Live, orlandomagic.com livestreams)
o Bumps, teases and misc. elements for Fox Sports Florida Broadcasts.
• Coordinate delivery of completed content in correct formats for upload and playback to Orlando Magic social accounts, orlandomagic.com, Fox Sports Florida broadcasts or in-arena use.
• Work with Fan Development to coordinate and deliver timely content needs for social needs.
• Monitor and certify that all content being produced adheres to the Orlando Magic brand guidelines.
• Work with Broadcast Production videographers to continually develop and maintain Broadcast Production stock footage library based on changing department needs.
• Capture video content for Magic events including Social Responsibility initiatives, Marketing and Grassroots events, Corporate Partnership events, Premium Sales events, and all other Magic event as needed.
• Work with Digital Content Coordinator to ensure shared storage disk space is being optimized.
• Clearly communicate needs for archived video content, work with Digital Content Coordinator to acquire and ingest footage to network shared storage.
• Maintain technical and operational knowledge of emerging technologies. Work with Broadcast Production leadership to implement into workflow to create departmental efficiencies.
• Interview players, coaches and support staff for shows and features as assigned.
• Work with internal departments and external Orlando Magic partners to develop content that promotes their initiatives. Meet with departments to determine the scope of work, understand and develop the project with the client to achieve the desired end result.
• Makes decisions while working within the limits of standard practice.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Experience / Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, digital media or television productions preferred or equivalent experienced required.
• Minimum of four (4) years producing feature video content for sports required.
• Minimum of two (2) years producing live segments or shows for broadband or broadcast required.
• Minimum of five (5) years of non-linear editing experience required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, Audition and Prelude required.
• Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, SpeedGrade and DaVinci Resolve preferred.
• Working knowledge of standard production formats and transfer practices required.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Knowledge of DSLR and Super 35 camera systems required.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
About Orlando Magic
Orlando's NBA franchise since 1989, the Magic's mission is to be world champions on and off the court, delivering legendary moments every step of the way. The Magic have seen great success in a relatively short history, winning five division championships (1995, 1996, 2008, 2009, 2010) with seven 50-plus win seasons and capturing the Eastern Conference title in 1995 and 2009. Off the court, on an annual basis, the Orlando Magic gives more than $2 million to the local community by way of sponsorships of events, donated tickets, autographed merchandise and grants. Orlando Magic community relations programs impact an estimated 100,000 kids each year, while a Magic staff-wide initiative provides more than 7,000 volunteer hours annually. In addition, the Orlando Magic Youth Foundation (OMYF) which serves at-risk youth, has distributed more than $22 million to local nonprofit community organizations over the last 27 years. The Magic’s other entities include the team’s newly acquired NBA G League affiliate, the Lakeland Magic, which begins play in the 2017-18 season in nearby Lakeland, Fla.; the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL, which serves as the affiliate to the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL and the Toronto Marlies of the AHL; and will compete in the inaugural season of the NBA 2K esports league in 2018. Ticket highlights for the Magic's 2017-18 season in the award-winning Amway Center, honored with TheStadiumBusiness Awards’ 2013 Customer Experience Award and named SportsBusiness Journal's 2012 Sports Facility of the Year, include: 2,500 seats priced $20 or less, 8,000 seats priced $40 or less and 9,000 seats priced $50 or under. For ticket information log on to www.orlandomagic.com or call 407-89-MAGIC.