The On-Air Promotions (OAP) Video Editor is responsible for assembling raw material into a promotional commercial suitable for broadcasting on ROOT SPORTS. This is a key role in the Creative Services department. Under the direction of OAP management, the On-Air Promotions Video Editor is responsible for all pre-production, post production, and delivery of promotional elements for air. This position requires a full understanding and commitment to developing content that speaks to the network brand and our core audience, and must maintain a high level of technical expertise, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects. In addition, a positive attitude, a willingness to collaborate, and a passion for professional and collegiate sports is essential.
This position reports to the Creative Services Supervising Producer, with a dotted line relationship to the Director of Marketing, and is based in Bellevue, WA.
• Edit promotions for air that effectively convey messaging consistent with the network brand.
• Work closely with the marketing team on the development and execution of various promotional campaigns.
• Incorporate titles and motion graphics using software programs, including Adobe After Effects.
• Responsible for mastering and the delivery of finished products for a variety of media platforms.
• Archive existing projects and organize assets—both video and audio—for use in future projects.
• At the direction of network management, write scripts for daily and weekly show promotions.
• Work closely with voice-over talent to arrange and record promo scripts
• Serve as a backup for the traffic placement of promotional spots and public service announcements within WideOrbit broadcast logs.
• Photograph HD (and other high-resolution formats) footage of live sports events, player/coach interviews, and maintain a library of media assets for On-Air Promotion campaigns.
Experience / Skills
• 3 to 5 years of experience working as an editor in a television broadcast environment
• College degree in Broadcasting, Graphic Design, or similar a plus
• Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, with emphasis on Premiere Pro and After Effects software, third party plug-ins and able to work in multiple formats including 4K.
• Experience using WideOrbit or similar Traffic scheduling software is preferred.
• Exhibit a high degree of creativity, with a keen eye for detail.
• Excellent communication, organization skills, and the ability to work both individually as well as in a team environment
• Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation, commitment, and dedication
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high inventory culture
• Ability to work within set creative guidelines to maintain brand standards
• Ability to work a varied schedule, including overtime, nights and weekends to support live events as assigned.
About ROOT SPORTS NW
ROOT SPORTS is the television home of the Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Sounders FC, Portland Timbers, Gonzaga Bulldogs, Big Sky Conference and Mountain West. The network reaches approximately 3.2 million households across five states, and delivers more than 350 live events each year – all of which are available in high definition.
ROOT SPORTS Northwest operated by AT&T Sports Networks, which operates regional sports networks in the Northwest, Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain and Southwest regions. The four networks combined reach approximately 13 million households across 22 states and own exclusive rights to produce and distribute live events from more than 25 teams and conferences.