Experienced Production Manager/Editor sought for The HistoryMakers, the nation’s largest African American national nonprofit organization located in Chicago’s South Loop(www.thehistorymakers.com). This individual hired must be experienced with managing a small production facility with two edit suites, ordering equipment, migrating footage, checking equipment in and out, managing production crew and editing both live to tape TV interview programs with multi-camera shooting as well as documentary style programs. Knowledge of Premiere, Final Cut Pro 7, Avid as well as After Effects and Photoshop a must.
The Production Manager/Editor will:
• Editing facility management and maintenance
• Migrate Footage and oversee operation of a tape retrieval system
• Manage Freelance Video Crews that travelled nationally to do talking head interviews for nationally recognized video oral history collection now housed at the Library of Congress
• Updating the database and developing procedures and writing technical documents and manuals
• Editing The HistoryMakers An Evening With…PBS TV program;
• Photo captioning photos using Photoshop;
• Making DVD dubs of The HistoryMakers' interviews;
• Editing the footage into TV, radio and online documentaries;
• Creating graphics and show opens using Photoshop and AfterEffects
• Data entry into The HistoryMakers database;
• Producing reports using The HistoryMakers database; and
• Troubleshooting equipment and software as necessary.
The HistoryMakers is a growing and dynamic 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating an unprecedented national video oral history archival institution recording the stories of both well known and unsung African American HistoryMakers. The goal is to record at least 5,000 oral history interviews and to expose this material to the public through strategic media, technology, academic and community partnerships. For a look at our current projects visit www.thehistorymakers.com. www.thehistorymakers.com vimeo.com