Ross Mobile Productions (RMP) delivers consistent, high-quality video and audio content from sports and other live events from around the United States, and ensures a predictable production experience and outstanding results. We are a full-service production integration and equipment rental company that designs, builds and operates mobile television units for live broadcasts internationally.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to the RMP team in the role of Equipment & Logistics Manager. You will be responsible for the optimization of equipment, the procedures and departmental budgets to achieve better maintainability, reliability and availability of equipment.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance on remote broadcasting to include but not limited to cameras, adapters, playback, archive, switchers, routers, audio, cabling, monitors, fiber equipment, etc.
• Actively liaison between RMP & vendors specific to RMA’s, loaners and new purchase quotes.
• Coordinate with operations department to ensure trucks have necessary equipment for events using multiple platforms (i.e. emails, phone calls, internal database system).
• Perform inventory checks, clean and organize main Fort Lauderdale facility.
• Track equipment, vehicle service records and system statuses.
• Manage and oversight of equipment maintenance schedule for all Ross MP gear.
• Make recommendations on what equipment needs to be replaced or repaired and assist during budget planning process.
• Collaborate between remote engineers and operation personnel to prepare, source and ship rentals & inventory as necessary.
• Participate in weekly engineering conference calls.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Experience / Skills
• Minimum of 2 years electronic experience.
• Ability to use various power tools; utilize shop and test equipment.
• Capable electrical troubleshooting skills; capable of readying, understanding, and utilizing schematics.
• Broadcast camera, fiber, phone, broadcast transmission, audio & video maintenance experience a plus.
• Team player while also able to work without supervision
• Self-motivated, resourceful, organized, and excellent communication skills
• Able to handle multiple concurrent demands while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy; highly organized in prioritizing work
• Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced environment.
• Requires evening and weekend hours and possible travel.
• Willing and able to lift at least 50 lbs.
About Ross Video
Ross powers video productions for billions of global viewers daily with the industry’s widest range of smart production solutions. Ross makes it easy to create compelling news, weather and sports broadcasts, engaging material for sports stadium screens, entertainment shows and rock concerts, educational institutions, legislative assemblies, corporate applications and inspiring content for houses of worship.