Senior Multimedia Specialist
76,437.00 — 97,418.00 per year
CAO- House of Representatives
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 600 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
The incumbent is responsible for providing digital media-related support services for Member, committee, and House support offices, primarily in the areas of photography, videography, and graphics. Participates in all stages of the multimedia development lifecycle, including gathering requirements, concept development, tools selection, prototypes, development, and delivery. Work is performed under varying degrees of supervision, and utilizes both Macintosh and PC-compatible resources. This position does have supervisory/managerial responsibilities.
1) Consults with customers and stakeholders to determine needs and ensure customer satisfaction of desired services in the areas of photography, videography, graphic design, and visual aid preparation.
2) Creates multimedia content in support of communications, outreach or branding campaigns. Materials may include the development of branded print, web, and social media content including presentations, fact sheets, flyers, posters, and other communications.
3) Designs and produces concepts and presentation approaches for visual communication media. Collaborates with cross functional team members to meet specialized customer needs. Reviews and approves digital media and art materials, proofs or printed copies developed by staff members. Presents final work products to customers for approval.
4) Provides telephone and hands-on troubleshooting support for graphics-related user hardware/software problems. Provides assistance to offices and internal staff having questions about the use of Macintosh and PC-compatible page layout and graphics software, including problem solving, design advice, and one-on-one product demos.
5) Leads or participates on high-profile or complex projects or project teams supporting House offices, often in tight-turnaround situations.
6) Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current desktop editing software and techniques. Assists with training new or junior team members.
7) In consultation with the Director, provide feedback and input on planning issues and the day-to-day functions and responsibilities controlled by, assigned to, or associated with the area. Prepare recommendations for improvements, modifications and/or enhancements to assure responsiveness to changing requirements. Inform senior management of unusual problems and unanticipated constraints of resource requirements in a timely manner.
8) As required, assist in the development and implementation of workplace policies, standards, procedures, practices, and communication programs. As applicable, participate in the development and distribution of all related program documents and materials.
9) Performs other official duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills
-Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience.
-Minimum five years’ experience in multiple digital media functional areas.
-Minimum five years working in a digital media environment in a consultative capacity.
-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including needs assessment, meeting quality standards and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
-Good working knowledge of media production, communication, visual aid preparation, and all stages of the desktop publishing process.
-Must have professional, relevant and timely experience with multiple applications related to graphics or photo imaging software, video creation and editing software, computer aided design software, web page creation and editing software and web platform development software.
-Cross-platform conversion knowledge is highly preferred.
-Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with elected officials, senior staff, information systems professionals and non-technical users.
-Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross functional CAO staff as well as customers and stakeholders.
-Must be able to work additional hours as needed.
-Must be able to secure and maintain Federal
Government security clearances as deemed appropriate by senior management.