Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) is looking for a dynamic media producer with a passion for education to support WPT efforts to serve educators and inspire learners though public media. The Education Producer will be part of the WPT Education Department, creating content like:
1. The animated video series and history learning resource Wisconsin Biographies
2. The digital hub for standards-based First Nations content Wisconsin First Nations
3. The interactive history game Jo Wilder and the Capital Case
This position is part of a growing education team within the public media environment whose vision is to create and innovate as we serve teachers and learners statewide.
We believe that the strongest teams come from a diverse staff. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply. We hire high-performing people who are motivated by the power of curiosity and who are ready to work hard, collaborate, experiment, and get things done in a fast-moving, fun, community-minded environment. Requires: At least 2 years of media production experience, a demonstrated interest in education and/or serving youth and teachers; excellent research, writing, communication and organizational skills and more.
Experience / Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
● At least 2 years of media creation or producing experience.
● Experience designing materials that facilitate learning.
● Excellent research and writing skills.
● Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
● Experience managing multiple projects, including planning, budget development, project implementation and evaluation.
● Ability to manage multiple communication streams, and be timely and thoughtful with follow up communication.
● Demonstrated interest in educational content and passion for learning.
● A desire to learn, a proactive attitude, and an ability to adapt quickly to change.
● Strong computer and online skills.
● Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and work independently, as well as work collaboratively and cooperatively in teams.
● Demonstrated support of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
● Ability to travel around Wisconsin to create, steward, and collaborate with WPT Education partners, educators, and school districts as projects warrant.
Preferred but not Required Qualifications
● Knowledge of teacher resources and how teachers access resources; understanding of school and classroom environments, familiarity with educational technology, and with Wisconsin education policy and standards.
● Degree in K-12 education.
● Experience serving middle and high school aged learners.
● Familiarity or experience with public media.
● Fluency in a language other than English.