The Creative Services team, part of a large Communications and Marketing Department at NYU Langone Health, seeks a Production Coordinator to support a thriving in-house photo and video studio/digital media center (DMC).
Under the guidance of the managers of the studio, the Production Coordinator will serve as the administrative engine of the team, ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the studio run smoothly and efficiently. He/she will be responsible for monitoring the status of all projects from initial request through completion, delivery and billing.
The Production Coordinator will work with multiple production teams; will assign and coordinate physical production and post-production on multiple shoots each week. He/she will assist with: shoot logistics; coordination of team members; tracking and distributing project deliverables; ensuring all department production policies and quality standards are maintained.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Serve as a liaison between the Digital Media Center and other departments within the institution
• Coordinate and attend pre-production meetings for all ongoing projects
• Provide production schedules for all projects, revising and updating as needed
• Assist in coordinating internal and external creative teams
• Assist in prioritizing work, re-arranging daily workflow as needed
• Assist with physical production needs as requested
• Assist studio managers with tracking costs against each budget and the overall department budget for monthly and annual closes.
• Perform general office responsibilities (answering phones, organizing equipment for shoots, etc.)
Experience / Skills
• Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience working in production, a studio, or field work
• Experience with media asset management systems (such as Brightcove and Widen) and post production workflows for web/social
• Knowledge of video codecs, frame rates, trans-coding and basic technical specifications for video
• A genuine interest in storytelling related to health, science and research
• Professional appearance; upbeat and positive attitude
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
• Ability to manage a large content library and to recall details about multiple projects at once
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; equally comfortable working independently and collaboratively
• Confidence in serving as an ambassador for the team, attending meetings with all levels within the institution from fellow department members to institutional leadership
• Eager and able to understand the structure of a large organization
• Ability and eagerness to meet deadlines while remaining collected at stressful times
• Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot within a team of creative personalities
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, basic editing experience preferred
• Must have experience working in film/video production
About NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history