ARRI Rental, the premier rental house for professional motion picture Camera and Lighting equipment, is looking for a Business Development Executive to work in our Burbank, LA office.
The Business Development Executive is responsible for developing the West Coast and national US markets for ARRI Rental, leveraging established and emerging industry relationships, negotiating deals and coordinating client requests. This person works to improve ARRI Rental’s market position and financial growth by building new client relationships while maintaining the existing client base. Using knowledge of the market and technology, the Business Development Executive must identify, develop and leverage ARRI Rental’s unique services and product offerings.
This role requires consistent interaction with national and international ARRI Rental colleagues and in doing so, helps create an effective group network and data base. This role also requires an “ambassadorial” representation to the industry, with ties to leading guilds and associations such as the ASC, Local600, ICG, etc.
A production background is preferred, with knowledge of camera systems and workflow. On-set experience is a must; extensive on-set experience preferred. The ideal candidate is expected to work within a team, as a team player and to coordinate and share information where applicable.
Main areas of responsibilities for this full-time role include:
• Increase revenue and market share for ARRI Rental, focused in the LA market
• Maintain strong client relations, being the Ambassador for ARRI Rental in the LA market and leveraging existing and potential industry relationships to increase revenue and market share for ARRI Rental
• Broker and close deals
• Identify marketing opportunities and present business trends to senior management
• Participate in marketing, technical, and operational meetings to enhance existing marketing database and contribute to the development of ARRI Rental facilities nationally
• Attend industry functions
• Work within company’s rental database
• Must be able to travel extensively, sometimes at short notice
Experience / Skills
We seek a creative, self-motivated individual with 8+ years of experience in the industry with strong Sales and Marketing skills and superior business acumen. The candidate must have established relationships with filmmakers at all budget levels spanning the creative, financial and technical.
A Bachelor degree in Film/TV production or related field is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, on the telephone and in writing
• Exceptional customer service skills with a strong sense of urgency
• Positive, extremely motivated and a professional demeanor required
• Strong negotiation and presentation skills
• Excellent business acumen necessary
• Must be detail oriented, exhibit strong organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Must handle stressful situations professionally and confidently as well as interact with co-workers and clients respectfully
• Must identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully and exhibit sound and accurate judgment
• Fluent in Excel, Word, Power Point, order entry and CRM programs
We truly value our staff and offer the benefits to prove it, medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k plan, vacation, holiday, sick and personal leave, etc.…
If you are someone who possesses these skills and are up to the challenge, we are looking for you. Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set.
If you are someone who possesses these skills and are up to the challenge, we are looking for you. Salary is dependent upon experience and skill set.
If you are referring someone not currently working at ARRI, please have them forward their resume to ARRIcareers@arri.com.
ARRI Rental is an equal opportunity employer.
Our products are Innovative, our customer service Legendary and our staff Dedicated.
About ARRI Rental
ARRI Rental is a leading provider of camera, grip and lighting equipment to the feature film, television, advertising, broadcast and events markets.
Operating through a network of rental facilities in the US, UK and across Europe, the group’s combined resources and expertise allow ARRI Rental to develop and roll out exclusive, proprietary technologies. These include the ALEXA XT B+W, and the ALEXA 65, a large-format solution for high-end theatrical motion pictures, comprising a 65 mm digital cinema camera, custom-designed prime and zoom lenses, and fast, efficient workflow tools.
ARRI Rental US has offices in New Jersey, Miami, Atlanta, and Louisiana
Our parent company is located in Munich, Germany, Arnold and Richter Cine Technik (A&R) was founded in 1917 and is the largest manufacturer of professional motion picture equipment in the world.
Throughout its 90-year history, ARRI has been associated with constant innovation and revolutionary technologies in all of its core businesses. The company is involved in all aspects of the film industry: engineering, design, manufacture, production, visual effects, postproduction, equipment rental, laboratory services and studio lighting solutions. Manufactured products include cameras, lighting fixtures and digital postproduction tools. In addition to camera systems for 16 mm, 35 mm and 65 mm film, ARRI leads the field in digital acquisition with its ALEXA digital camera system, which delivers the highest quality images with minimal noise, wide dynamic range and workflows. Lighting products encompass traditional technologies as well as the latest advances in LED illumination, while the ARRISCAN film scanner and ARRILASER film recorder have become ubiquitous, indispensable tools in postproduction facilities all over the world. Film and digital image manipulation, restoration, archiving and preservation are addressed with products such as the ARRISCAN Wetgate and various archive tools.
ARRI Inc. is the Sales and Distribution center for all product lines throughout the Americas. With offices in Blauvelt, NY, Burbank, CA, Toronto, Canada and Fort Lauderdale, FL.