Note: because written communication is a key part of this role, we do ask that applicants provide a brief cover note with their application.
Spark Street Digital is a small live stream production company. We create beautiful, high-definition, multi-camera live webcasts from events, with a full set of features: social media integration, closed-captioning, cross-platform mobile viewing, and much more.
We work with Fortune 500 companies, Presidential campaigns, the federal government, major foundations, and tiny nonprofits. We believe in our clients’ missions, and we believe that we can advance their work with powerful tools for real-time communication. And it’s working: we’re growing. The Project Manager will play a vital role in that continuing growth.
This role has two main parts. Though not a technical role, the Manager will shepherd clients through the webcast process smoothly, from beginning to end. She/he/they will also make sure that production staff have the information necessary to execute on-site. This will include:
• Interfacing with clients ahead of a webcast and gathering necessary information about their event.
• Generating accurate estimates for upcoming events, in consultation with the production team.
• Assigning production team members to an upcoming stream.
• As the event approaches, ensuring that necessary logistics are accounted for – site visits, rentals, staffing – so we’re ready to go.
• After the webcast, ensuring that all deliverables and the invoice make it to the client.
As the company’s needs and the Manager's interests determine, this role could touch some other parts of the business, such as marketing and lead generation. We are a small and growing company, so no list could cover everything. This is a great opportunity for a person who likes to take initiative, who finds joy in problem-solving, and who enjoys tackling both ambitious, complex projects and accomplishing the simplest tasks on her, his or their to-do list.
This position is based at our office (a short walk from both the NoMa/Gallaudet and the Convention Center metro stops) in Washington, D.C. We offer competitive salary and robust benefits. A brief cover letter will be useful in helping us assess candidates. No phone calls, please.
Experience / Skills
This role would be a good fit for someone with 2-6 years of professional experience in a project management role.
A strong candidate will have:
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Significant project management experience, including proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build trust and enthusiasm in prospective and existing clients
• A proven ability to manage, meet or beat deadlines
• Familiarity with video production, its rhythms and workflows – experience with live streaming production particularly valuable
• Proficiency with standard office applications, such as the Microsoft Office Suite, and Google apps. Experience with project management software such as Basecamp is a plus
• Comfort with both independent and collaborative work, including with distributed teams
More broadly: we like solving problems, and we like to work with others who do too. If you enjoy coming up with clever, thoughtful systems for getting important work done more efficiently, you’ll fit right in.