AT&T Sportsnet is seeking an experienced Chief Engineer with demonstrated leadership capabilities. AT&T Sportsnet Pittsburgh reaches 2.9 million homes and is home to the Pirates and Penguins and broadcasts over 250 live events each year.
The position is responsible for all engineering functions supporting live studio production, live broadcast events, pre and post production, as well as equipment maintenance and capital planning. Provide complete professional engineering leadership for two direct reports within the Engineering Department. Must possess a can-do attitude and the drive to push their department at all times.The ability to work flexible hours/schedule and weekend shifts will be required as well as, the availability to respond to emergencies and urgent issues via phone calls or texts on a 24/7 basis.
All technical aspects of the installation, maintenance, repair and replacement of studio production equipment, production editing systems, central equipment room, and field ENG equipment
Engineering support for Production Dept. with remote production locations coordinating with home studio - assisting with equipment setup, testing, and maintenance of field equipment that supports remote truck productions and "At Home" based productions with the home studio
Coordinating new equipment training, developing new procedures for Production Operators and Engineering staff
Managing transmission feed connections and testing for individual show feeds from sports venues, telecom fiber circuits, and internet streaming devices
Engineering support for editing AT&T Sportsnet systems
Updating software versions and following ATTSN Data Network directives for IT security
Supporting and maintaining of Broadcast Data Network Networking Equipment
Occasionally supporting Corp IT desktop PC's and Telecom equipment in the facility
Managing the long and short-range planning of Engineering and Production Dept. projects with an emphasis on making project completion deadlines
Coordinating and performing broadcast equipment preventative and demand maintenance
Engineering and Production Dept. financial planning for new capital equipment purchases on a yearly basis, including completion of capital purchase requests and submissions of PO's for maintenance and equipment
Interfacing with building operations personnel to ensure proper maintenance and operation of building provided services for power, HVAC and plumbing needs - working with 3rd party vendors for routine and demand maintenance of supplemental HVAC units and UPS systems
Experience / Skills
- 5+ years of experience in television engineering and operations required
- BS degree preferred
- Must be knowledgeable in all areas of technical production and familiar with all production equipment including all control room based equipment including media archiving and storage.
- Experience working on, and knowledge of digital and social platforms preferred
- Previous experience in a Supervisory/Management role is highly desirable
- Strong analytical/communicative skills are a must
- Outstanding interpersonal/management skills are required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a team atmosphere as well as meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Experience working in Live Sports is preferred
- Production background is desirable
- REMI or At-Home Production experience is a plus
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies is a must
The number one thing you need to know about working at AT&T: Our employees like being here. They come together to reach goals, celebrate wins, and make AT&T a fun place to work. We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.