The Video Editor position requires skills in a high-volume production environment specializing in the final storytelling of a project. This position is primarily responsible to edit commercials, individual TV show segments and shows, and special projects. They will often work with producers, shooters, and other creative team members to edit video in the best way possible that communicates the objectives of the project.
Specific Duties include:
• Editing commercials, TV show segments, special projects and AV material ranging from broadcast and Internet, to corporate training.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines simultaneously.
• Ability to work with creative video team to understand, communicate objectives, and to meet the defined goals of a project.
• Responsible for attaining and maintaining a thorough working knowledge of Avid editing software and various media equipment.
• Responsible for mastering final projects and edits, and following standards for delivery of legally compliant projects as defined by various networks and broadcast rules.
• Able to work with software for finishing and publishing projects, e.g., for social media and electronic delivery.
• Responsible and able to create graphics and motion graphics using Photoshop and Adobe After Effects software.
• Responsible for audio editing, mixing and sweetening using Adobe Creative Suite.
• Other duties as assigned
Experience / Skills
• College degree in related field or equivalent experience in video productions industry.
• A resume and demo reel with a description of duties performed on each project is required.
• Solid understanding in aesthetics of editing and story-telling with video including basic to advanced techniques in the general principals of video editing.
• Typical schedule is 8 AM – 5 PM but must be flexible periodically based on the production schedule.
• Solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office
About Bass Pro Shops - Cabela's
About Bass Pro Shops®
Spanning destination retail, boat manufacturing and award-winning resorts, Bass Pro Shops is an innovative pioneer in connecting everyone to the great outdoors. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today Bass Pro Shops is a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting with more than 100 retail and marine centers that host 120 million people annually. White River Marine Group, part of the Bass Pro family, is the largest manufacturer of boats in the world by volume offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands including TRACKER®, SUN TRACKER®, NITRO®, TAHOE®, REGENCY®, MAKO®, RANGER®, TRITON®, STRATOS® and ASCEND®. The company also operates Big Cedar Lodge – America’s Premier Wilderness Resort, along with other restaurants, nature-based attractions and resort destinations.
Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is committed to inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. The company is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and connecting families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”