Engineer In Charge (EIC) - Allows Telecommuting
Nashville, Tennessee (Allows Telecommuting)
Live Mobile Group (A Division of Live Media Group Holdings)
CLICK ON EXTERNAL APPLICATION BUTTON TO APPLY
• Work with Engineering management to plan, coordinate and direct engineering projects for mobile units and events.
• Supervise Mobile Unit Engineers in the repair and maintenance of mobile unit operations.
• Develop strategies and plans for the Mobile Engineering related to client events.
• Develop operational efficiencies, cost control strategies, and flexibility for client responsiveness.
• Pursue and secure the development of new technologies by manufacturers and vendors working with Engineering team.
• Manage and monitor the mobile unit broadcast engineering operations at remote events when needed.
• Perform preventative maintenance and trouble-shooting while executing changes and engineering updates on mobile units.
• Perform regular cleaning and inventory checks for the mobile unit.
• Track and report on equipment and system repair and maintenance status.
• Direct the activities of crew members related to the operation of the mobile unit.
• Follow through on repairs, inventory needs, and updates.
• Provide on-site client service and technical support.
• Ensure the smooth workflow of the maintenance group as it relates to the needs of mobile unit operations.
• Provide technical reports to appropriate departments to ensure equipment needs/issues are met and resolved.
• Coordinate equipment needs by working closely with Operations and Field Shop(s).
• Maintain and file the proper expense or other required reports on a designated basis.
• Work on mobile units in the shop for maintenance, upgrades, etc. as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills
• Technical or B.S./Electronics field or Engineering preferred, however various combinations of education and experience will be considered.
• 5+ years of experience working in television production technology with progressive managerial responsibility.
• Demonstrated knowledge of technology, equipment, facilities and production for major commercial and cable television networks.
• Supervisory experience required; including project coordination, sales support and other related activity.
• Must be able to interface and communicate well with both clients and staff.
• Ability to interface with clients and provide a high level of service and support.
• Excellent communication skills, attention to details and the ability to multi-task in high pressure situations.
• Must be willing and able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs., and willing to seek assistance for anything over 50 lbs.
(should not seek to do over 50 lbs. without assistance).
• Must be willing and able to travel - travel is required throughout the year.
About Live Mobile Group (A Division of Live Media Group Holdings)
Live Mobile Group, a division of Live Media Group Holdings, has quickly established itself as the largest provider of mid-size production/hybrid and uplink combination units in the U.S. Through its acquisitions along with its existing fleet of mobile units, Live Mobile Group can service any client’s needs on multiple production levels.