Pickerel Pie Entertainment, a New York-based Video productioncompany, is conducting a job search for a Motion Graphics Designer on behalf of our client, a global law firm based in New York. The position is part time with the potential for full time employment. The successful candidate will work from the firm’s midtown Manhattan offices. Competitive hourly rate based on experience.
The Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for creating dynamic and compelling digital content across a wide variety of platforms including video, websites, social media, apps and email but primarily video. This design role focuses on producing and updating digital projects for internal and external marketing while upholding global brand standards.
This is a hands-on role for a creative and collaborative motion graphics designer with a passion for visual storytelling, strong aesthetic and conceptual skills, a sophisticated sense of typography, composition and design, and an expert level of software knowledge. This person will be able to design and communicate complex content effectively, delivering engaging and positive user experiences across all digital platforms. The designer will primarily work with cross-functional teams within the Firm, helming projects from concept through to launch. Ideally, this designer will also have some experience with HTML and web design. Candidates must have a track record of professional, contemporary, creative videos and a desire to help production in a fast-paced, high-performance corporate environment. He/she will be based in New York.
Experience / Skills
· Producing sophisticated designs with a high visual impact to solve an array of business and communications challenges.
· Work with Producer to determine the appropriate style based on project needs
· Establish templates and other workflow processes to scale implementation of motion graphics to future videos
· Design and creation of motion graphics assets that fit within the Firm’s brand identity.
· Design and development of multimedia presentations combining images, text, video and animation.
· Revisions to projects according to client specifications while staying on brand and acting as the primary client contact throughout the entire production process.
· Comprehending, communicating and addressing goals, concerns and revisions with the client throughout the project process.
· Uploading and downloading files from multiple offices, following instructions and meeting given deadlines.
· Management of digital files to ensure that each project is organized and ready for the next user.
· Quality control of each project prior to returning it to the client, including checking that all requestor and proofreading edits have been completed and brand guidelines have been followed.
· 3-5 years of professional design experience with a focus on video and motion graphics
· Strong understanding of the design process, best design practices and principles with impeccable eye for design, layout, color and typography
· Expert knowledge of After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
· Working knowledge of Premiere and ability to edit video a big plus
· Knowledge of HTML5/CSS, and/or UI/UX design, is a plus
· Knowledge of 3D software (3D StudioMax, Cinema 4D), and how it integrates with After Effects is a plus
· Must have the ability and flexibility to design for all digital channels: web, video, social media, etc.
· Ability to articulate creative vision and evaluate quality of creative product
· Conceptualize, research, create and coordinate illustrations that best represent a concept visually
· Professional demeanor with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal clients
· A dynamic portfolio showcasing high-end digital video and motion graphics skills
· A clean design aesthetic to complement the company brand
· Ability to be flexible with time to meet client needs and deadlines
· A corporate or agency background is a plus
· Legal or financial industry knowledge and experience is a plus
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a customer service attitude
· Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and meet deadlines
· Detail-oriented individual who reviews his/her work carefully; quality control is key
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
· Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Animation or Graphic Design preferred
· A creative mind and desire to push the envelope and innovate
· Positive, collaborative demeanor with a solutions based attitude
· Able to take direction from Producers and welcomes constructive criticism to improve his/her product
· Ability to creatively problem solve and successfully communicate different visual options to our clients and team
· Ability to conceptualize and execute designs from a blank canvas
· An excellent eye for composition, timing and storytelling