SES is the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
MX1 is a subsidiary of SES and is a leading global media services provider. We work together with top media companies to transform content into the ultimate viewer experience, ensuring it can appear on any device anywhere in the world. MX1 offers a full range of content aggregation, content management, channel playout, online video/VOD and content distribution services via our MX1360 Unified Media Platform to amplify audience reach on any broadcast, online or VOD platform. MX1 has 16 offices worldwide and operates global state-of-the-art media centers on three continents. We enable our customers to reach a potential audience of billions around the world. Every single day we also manage more than 5 million media assets, distributing more than 3,200 TV channels, delivering over 8,400 hours of online video streaming and more than 560 hours of premium sports and live events.
Join us and be part of the MX1 team and champion of the future of media!
SES operates Sports and Events Occasional Use Services out of its Operations Center, in Hawley, Pennsylvania and as part of our expansion plans in the US and around the world to drive our growth in Sports and Events Operations, we seek an experienced Global Occasional Use Operations Manager.
• Lead a team providing operational, technical and maintenance support for US and an international range of Sports and Occasional Use customers
• Direct all operational aspects of the Global Sports & Events activities at various worldwide sites and responsible for daily activities, with focus on reliable and efficient service delivery for Sports and Events / Occasional Use.
• Establish goals and objectives for Global Sports and Event Operations.
• Manage work plans, Key Performance Indicators, budgets and operational costs.
• Increase the global team’s productivity and performance year over year.
• Achieve seamless customer service and ensure service level agreements are met.
• Provide technical and operational guidance to support projects and day to day activities.
• Ensure accurate reporting (Faults, weekly, quarterly and annual)
• Coordinate activities and work plans with the commercial, SSL (Service Segment Leader) booking & engineering teams.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
Experience / Skills
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Industrial Management or relevant field
• Significant experience (12 - 15 years) in sports and events operations and broadcasting arena which is mandatory
• Solid understanding of broadcast and media technologies: RF, DVB, Network, IP etc.
• Proven track record of managing a large team across multiple locations and remote locations
• Proven experience in managing complex activities and projects for T1 global clients
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in managing teams of more than 25 employees
• Thorough understanding of new technologies and clients entering the media space
• Production, Network origination familiarity a plus
• Experience in managing an annual budget
• Proven experience with RFPs \tenders: respond, examination and implementation
• Ability to work under the pressure of strict deadlines and commitment to be available 24/7
• Proven ability to envision, initiate, create, document and implement company’s procedures, processes and work flows
• Leadership skills and ability to actively develop direct reports by providing them with coaching, training and feedback
• Robust customer focus and service orientation
• Strong communication and presentation skills. Additional language skills preferably in Spanish and German are an advantage.
• Experience working in a team-oriented environment
• Excellent decision-making and provides the team with clear direction
• Must reside in Hawley, PA, USA