The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Satellite Desk Coordinator for our Broadcast Operations team at the Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Satellite Desk Coordinator is responsible for directing and coordinating transmission arrangements as the technical production representative on the Assignment Desk.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Satellite Desk Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
• Booking and ensuring end-to-end coordination of LIVE and TAPE transmissions worldwide.
• Assigning incoming and outgoing fiber connectivity and satellite transmission to and from MBN.
• Coordinating with ingest on source and fiber assignments to and from AVOC.
• Determining and advising if feed resources are overbooked.
• Scheduling location production crew, including editing as needed.
• Reconciling invoices against orders.
• Maintaining related computer databases.
Experience / Skills
Candidates are required to have:
• Five years hands-on experience working in satellite coordination and the booking of broadcast facilities as it relates to fast paced live television environment, with knowledge of all aspects of television and International production.
• Knowledge of the Middle East media environment is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, deliver under tight deadlines with short notice.
• Strong interpersonal skills for effective internal, external communication, and attention to details.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to diagnose and remedy complex production problems quickly.
• Fluency (spoken and written) in English.
• Ability to accommodate flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays and irregular hours at a moment’s notice.
• A current work authorization to work in the United States of America is required.