Progressive audio visual and event production company seeking a Video Technician to support live events and the production department. Position reports to production managers, department manager, and ownership. Our full scope of services includes comprehensive AV production solutions for corporate, social, live entertainment, staging, technology solutions and show management. Nights and weekends are required, and candidates should expect a variable schedule based on show site needs. This position is based in Chicago, and some travel may be required.
Desired Skills & Experience
Ideal candidate will possess knowledge of video solutions within the event production industry. Ability to work with and troubleshoot simple to complex video systems is required, with a proven track record of successful shows in the corporate or entertainment world. A basic knowledge of audio and lighting is a plus. We are looking for an individual who works well in a team while being self-motivated. Candidate must be able to effectively interact with clients and maintain a professional demeanor on site at all times. Candidate must have at least 2 years of professional experience in the corporate AV and events world. A professional and corporate appearance is a must for this position. Proper and safe setup, operation, and tear down of video, audio, lighting, and staging equipment are required, along with loading and unloading of company vehicles. An outgoing professional personality, industry experience and knowledge of event logistics preferred.
• Setup, operation, and tear down of professional video, audio, lighting, and staging equipment
• Operation of video switchers with multiple sources and destinations
• Camera setup, shading and cutting
• Hardware and software playback and recording
• Projection rigging, converging and focusing
• LED and seamless LCD Wall setup and calibration
• Must be well versed in both Mac and PC computers,
• Basic file management, video codecs and drive formatting
• Editing PowerPoint, Keynote, and general graphics support
• Lead small, midsize and large crews to company standard with consistent quality
• Interact with clients and staff in a positive and professional manner
• Work with shop staff to prep and pack gear for live events.
• Responsible driving company vehicles with a valid driver’s license
• Bachelor's or Associate Degree preferred
• 2 years of relevant work experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently, troubleshoot and problem solve
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate
• Professional maturity, integrity, discipline and a positive attitude
• Exceptional communication skills
• Tenacity and ability to “think on your feet” in stressful situations
• Ability to manage a wide variety of projects/demands at one time with quality execution and on time delivery.
• Creative eye for cameras, content and content creation with graphics and projection
• Video editing experience also a plus
• Lifting and physical work are required, upwards of 50 pounds.
• Heavy work, exerting up to 100 pounds, and up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force to constantly move objects.
• The employee will be required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operations of machines; using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
• Work in cramped places or awkward positions while placing equipment.
• Employee will be subjected to work in both environments, inside and outside.
• Employee will be subjected to noise, there is sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard.
• Employee will be subjected to hazards, a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat.
• Working in high places in order to place and operate equipment, required more often than not.
• Climbing, ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, poles, and the like, using feet and legs, and /or hands and arms.
• Balancing, maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
• Stooping, bending body downwards by bending spine at the waist.
• Kneeling, bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
• Crouching, bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
• Crawling, moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
• Reaching, extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
• Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
• Walking, moving about on foot to accomplish task, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
• Pushing, using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul, or tug objects horizontally from position to position.
• Fingering, picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling.
• Grasping, applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
• Feeling, perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly the fingertips.
• Talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
• Hearing, perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
• Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
About Sound Investment AV
Sound Investment has become one of the fastest growing event solutions companies in the country. Since 1999, we have grown from a two-man team of system-designers to an award winning company with offices in New York, Chicago, Miami, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. The range of our products and services has helped us become a leading turn-key provider to the special event, marketing, promotions, and hospitality industries. With a team of innovative associates and stellar customer service, we excel at heightening sensory experience with a commitment to the creative application of state-of-the-art technology across a broad spectrum of events.