We’re looking for a passionate and talented Assistant Editor to join Pechanga Creative Studios.
As part of the Marketing department, Pechanga Creative Studios is the media production team at Pechanga Resort Casino that creates engaging video content for all facets of this diverse resort property, including broadcast television, digital marketing, in-room hotel content, sponsorships, and internal media support.
The Assistant Editor is responsible for supporting our team of video editors and creatives in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates are well-versed in all technical aspects of a 4K+ raw video workflow, including file formats, ingesting, logging, proxies, syncing, conforming for online and sound mix, archiving, Media Asset Management and delivering multiple formats for a variety of digital platforms.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Assists entire video production workflow from end-to-end
• Ingests, logs, syncs, creates proxies, applies LUTs, and conforms for online finishing as needed
• Creates versions from finished video pieces, compress to various specifications and upload
• Implements LTO and cloud video archiving processes
• Continuously discovers and implements new workflows and industry best practices to maximize efficiency
• Maintains processes and schedules to ensure the timely delivery of quality assets
• Occasionally edits simple videos independently from start to finish
• Supports the day-to-day operations of the Creative Studios Team
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
Experience / Skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus three (3) years of professional experience required. An equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position also requires the ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position may require the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license
• Experience with 4K+ raw video workflows, and full understanding of codecs and industry standards
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software
• Ability to solve technical problems under pressure
• Knowledge of Media Asset Management systems and archiving workflows a plus
• Highly self-motivated with excellent communication skills
• Can manage his/her own project schedules and deliver on time
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment under various levels of supervision
About Pechanga Resort Casino
Pechanga Works because we make sure our Team Members are poised and prepared to create unforgettable experiences for our guests. Our Four-Diamond property shines because of the combined efforts of more than 4,500 Team Members across 11 divisions and multiple departments.
Pechanga Resort & Casino is proud to offer a safe and supportive work environment with new and exciting opportunities every day.
At Pechanga, you'll discover endless opportunities for talented individuals to contribute to one of the most successful enterprises in Southern California. Establish your career in our fast-paced, high-end, entertainment environment, and have FUN doing it!
The atmosphere at Pechanga is absolutely electric, and you can be part of the proud, enthusiastic team that makes it all happen.