FULL TIME | NEP GROUP | UNITED STATES
Posted On 10/14/2019
Department NameUS Mobile Units
From the frozen seas of the Antarctic, to capturing the heated rivalries of sporting events worldwide, NEP has been behind powerful production for more than 30 years. Today, we provide a complete spectrum of outsourced solutions that help bring world-class live sports, entertainment, music and corporate events to life.
Technology is constantly changing within the broadcast, live events and media solutions industries, so staying fresh and innovative is not optional—it’s essential. That’s why NEP embraces cutting-edge solutions to consistently support premier content producers and deliver exactly what our clients want. At NEP, we leverage our global scale to create custom client-centered solutions coupled with local service—virtually everywhere in the world. Our employees love working on projects that offer the scale, high visibility and technical complexity that challenges the team to continually learn.
Our Core Values & Culture
At NEP, our values are based on our collective passion, integrity, innovation and a one-team approach that we bring to everything we do. Our goal is to build lasting relationships with clients by delivering final results that are bigger, better and more exciting than expected. And everyone at NEP is committed to doing just that. At NEP, we're proud of the work we do to help our clients produce the best productions available. Our tradition of innovation and excellence are contagious. Come and be a part of it.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The purpose of this position is to assemble, maintain, and repair fiber optic cables and related equipment within the Fiber Department.
• Assemble, maintain, and repair fiber optic cables and connectors used to transmit signals within and outside of remote television facilities.
• Perform testing of cables and/or related equipment.
• Test the functionality of “house” fiber systems used in conjunction with NEP’s equipment.
• Make recommendations for new fiber cable and equipment purchases to the Fiber Manager.
• Perform fiber related projects as assigned by the Fiber Manager
• Offer new and innovative techniques, methodology, and materials to improve systems, installation, and fabrication.
Experience / Skills
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Associates or Technical Degree preferred.
• Prior experience working with broadcast equipment and technology.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and manage simultaneous projects.
• Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast technology, equipment, facilities, and production for major commercial and cable television networks.
• Some travel may be required to show sites.
• Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 100 lbs.
• Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP’s Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.