Under the supervision of the Technical Director, ensures the successful daily operation of ModelLand. Maintains safety standards in operations and equipment; attends specified rehearsals, tech/dress rehearsals, and production/operational meetings.
• Assists in procurement of expendables, prop spares, and other technical materials
• Assists in the tech, run, and strike of all technical operations
• Collaborates with Technical Director on annual operations needs
• Maintains and services technical elements of the production, as required
• Maintains a safe, healthy, and clean work environment.
• Setup and strike of special event equipment
• Supervise internal crew and external vendors in absence of Technical Director
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
Experience / Skills
• Working knowledge of scenery; rigging; structural design and engineering; construction process; and styles, elements and practices.
• Ability to work productively under time pressures and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of mechanical physics, fundamental electricity, modern construction practices and materials, model building, stage crafts including rigging, lighting, video, audio, electrical.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 2-5 years professional experience in increasingly responsible positions in technical theatre, themed entertainment, or location based entertainment.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
• Experience in working in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to multi-task and work with deadlines. Must have ability to plan projects and work independently.
• Working and active knowledge of Show Control Systems.
• Ability to remain calm and productive in difficult situations demonstrating good “people skills” and a sense of humor.
• Must have respect of safety standards
• Ability to reach technical and architectural drawings
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Excellent communication skills—written, oral and visual
• Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Evidence of sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender expressions and ethnic backgrounds of staff and guests
• Previous experience with video media server systems including Watchout, D3, and Videro is preferable.
• Previous experience with CueLab and audio editing preferable.
• Previous experience with wired and wireless networking software and hardware preferable.
Iconic Supermodel turned Super Entrepreneur Tyra Banks announces her biggest venture yet, Modelland. A first-of-its-kind experiential attraction, Modelland will intersect a fantasy version of the modeling world with state-of-the-art interactive entertainment, creative collaborations, curated retail, dining and special events. The breakthrough new attraction is set to open in late 2019 at Macerich’s Santa Monica Place, the iconic open-air shopping, dining and entertainment destination just blocks from the beach in Santa Monica.
Modelland values excellence and professionalism in all aspects of its company and public life. Integral to this position is the demonstration of practical initiative; respectful, courteous and cooperative relationships; affirmative, efficient and ethical working practices. Successful Modelland employees derive deep personal fulfillment from the exemplary completion of their duties, and in the flexibility required to respond to emergent challenges and opportunities, in accomplishment of the evolving work of the attraction and guest service. Modelland expects a strong commitment to the mission of a positive work environment in service to task, colleague, company, guests and community.