The Ad Integration and Architecture (AIA) team is looking for an engineer to serve as the primary technical expert for our OTT (Over-the-Top) Ad Tech Squad. As the sole engineer on the OTT squad, you will work closely with product owners, brand engineering and QA teams to ensure that ad integration projects on OTT endpoints are well executed and meet the high standards of NBCU. You will leverage your previous experience as a systems integrator to provide guidance, champion best practices and anticipate/solve complex technical integration issues.
In this role, you will also:
● Lead video integration activities for NBCU OTT products on the following devices: Roku/RAF, Chromecast, Gaming Consoles (Xbox, PS4), Set-Top Boxes (X1) and smartTVs (Samsung, LG, Vizio)
● Work with ad product and central/brand tech teams to influence app and video player design
● Solution new advertising features and products on OTT endpoints
● Understand the complexities and inherent limitations of the ad technology ecosystem and the various OTT devices supported
● Bridge the gap between ad product and QA; assist in crafting test cases to ensure full coverage of product requirements
● Keep up-to-date with Roku/RAF roadmaps to ensure NBCU is well-defended against future releases
Experience / Skills
● BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
● 3+ years’ experience ingratiating client applications with 3rd party services and sdks
● Advanced understanding of internet technologies like the HTTP protocol, CDNs, CMSs, etc.
● Familiarity with troubleshooting technical issues, running Charles sessions, evaluating internet traffic and event triggers
● Intermediate knowledge of streaming media technologies including video players, ABR streaming techniques and ad serving technologies
● Previous experience developing or maintaining apps on one or more of the following devices: Roku/RAF, Chromecast, Gaming Consoles (Xbox, PS4), Set-Top Boxes (X1) and smartTVs (Samsung, LG, Vizio)
● Previous track record of owning projects end-to-end with minimal supervision and guidance
● Previous brightscript or RAF development experience nice to have
● Familiarity serving or integrating video ads using Freewheel MRM nice to have
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.