The Prime Video Ads team owns services that integrate with ad decisioning systems, handle dynamic transcoding and stitching of ad creatives using client/server side ad insertion (CSAI/SSAI) across HLS/DASH/SS streaming protocols. We helped launch Thursday Night Football and CBS All Access (with ads) on Prime Video and are looking for senior engineers interested in building out the next generation of our ads stack.
As an engineer in a relatively new team, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging problems in the low latency/high throughput domain of dynamic ad insertion for Live Sports and Video on demand. The systems you design and build will be in the core path of video delivery to Prime Video customers worldwide. We leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including AWS CloudFront, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, SNS, SQS and internal AWS incubator technologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Experience / Skills
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years professional industry experience in designing software architecture, leading software development groups, and operating scalable software systems
· Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience and Knowledge of media container and codec formats, streaming protocols, encoding tools, is a plus. Should be willing to dive into and learn new technologies.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role