The primary focus of this position is on the day to day operations of the PGA TOUR’s Media Asset Management system. Additionally, this position is responsible for management & oversight of the Media Archive, Media Fulfillment and Media Logging operations and staff. Skills in general technical broadcasting will be utilized to assist both technical and non-technical personnel in achievement of their daily tasks.
- Direct management & oversight of Media Archive, Media Fulfillment and Media Logging daily operations and staff
- Design, implement and manage all workflows related to getting media ingested into the archive and out of the archive to post production, live production, network partners, footage licensing and other various locations
- Available for MAM and ENG related technical questions and issues as needed
- Monitors and supports PGA TOUR Entertainment MAM equipment and applications
- Train and work closely with PGA TOUR Staff in support of PGA TOUR Entertainment MAM systems
- Responsible for assisting the engineering department in the maintaining of MAM related broadcast equipment at PGA TOUR Entertainment
- Manage a DIT program where a departmental employee travels to site each week to organize all the ENG footage being shot onsite and send it back to the archive.
- Technical advisor for PGA TOUR MEDIA ENG shoots
- Implement and maintain technical guidelines for PGA TOUR ENG shoots
- Ensure archive metadata fits the needs of the PGA TOUR and is accurate. Work with other departments across the PGA TOUR to leverage this metadata for various projects.
- Coordinate with department heads across the PGA TOUR to ensure MAM related needs are meet and create unique workflows for each department as needed.
- Responsible for proficient operation of all equipment in the MAM operations
- Maintain operations within guidelines of PGA TOUR Entertainment Technical Procedures Manual
- Define instructions and follows pre-established guidelines to perform the daily functions of a network and operations data center
- Assures system documentation including detailed descriptions of the system components
- Maintenance of application security
- Contribute to departmental operations, including staffing, budget management/ cost containment, and internal communication
- Develop and encourage staff to pursue new tasks and challenges related to overall departmental goals and objectives
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
Experience / Skills
-B.S. in Information Systems/Management or equivalent job experience
-Seven years Media Asset Management experience, three years supervisory experience
-10+ years in Broadcast/Digital Media technical environment
-5+ years Network administration/technical support or comparable job experience
-5+ years administration of Microsoft or Linux Servers or comparable job experience
-Specific experience with Digital Asset Management systems required
-Expert knowledge of digital media concepts and applications
-Expert knowledge of IT networking and applications concepts and troubleshooting
-Working knowledge of server administration concepts and troubleshooting
-Working knowledge of Broadcast level engineering maintenance and concepts
About PGA TOUR
When most people think of the PGA TOUR, they envision famous golfers, exciting tournaments, and the TOUR’s generous support of more than 3,000 charities. We are all of these things, but there’s much more to the PGA TOUR than meets the eye.
Behind the TOUR’s international reputation for sports excellence and philanthropic leadership is a dedicated team of business, sports management and entertainment professionals working together to support our players and advance our mission.
Headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., we’re a dynamic group of individuals with diverse talents who share a deep respect for the sport of golf and the positive impact it has in communities across the United States and internationally.
If your goals include being part of an exciting team that emphasizes professional development and the personal satisfaction of contributing to important causes, we encourage you to explore the many advantages and benefits of a career with the TOUR.