Sinclair’s content technology is at the core of our operational excellence. We thrive on innovation and a passion for connecting people with the best local news and sports content. As we grow our content offerings and expand our broadcast, cable and digital distribution channels we’re embracing new technologies to fuel that growth. We’re excited by the promise of cloud-first approaches and artificial intelligence in media supply-chain operations, we’re driven by a belief that flexibility and agility will address rapidly changing media environments and we’re confident that great people and great technology equal great solutions.
Your role as Sr. Director of Media Management is to lead the team of internal and external resources that will define, shape and deliver the technology to reinvent our media supply-chain operations. You’ll work with a diverse group of strategic thinkers and problem-solvers to quickly evaluate, analyze and architect both the larger next-generation media supply-chain and optimize existing media asset management processes. You’ll oversee continuous improvement and manage the delivery of new supply-chain functionality in support of all content types and distribution channels.
The Sr. Director of Media Management will be part of Sinclair Broadcast Group’s Engineering and Operations team and will work closely with other technology teams engaged in projects for transforming content operations, realizing the promise of NextGenTV, and bringing a cross-platform perspective to advertising technology.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Engaging with multiple departments and connecting media management technology efforts to recognizable business benefits
· Managing and delivering large media supply-chain programs by working with project teams, assessing engagement risks, driving conclusions, and reviewing/challenging the output produced by the teams
· Performing detailed research and discovery efforts to gather data on media processes and procedures
· Working with external consulting teams to assist these efforts
· Analyzing available data resources and identifying potential opportunities for improvement in media asset management processes.
· Approaching programs and projects using agile and lean practices
· Working with project managers on resource allocation, contention and re-alignment as program strategies require
· Measuring and reporting on progress with program resources
· Maintaining a focus on automation as an answer to increasingly complex media environments
· Providing excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize, conceptually interpret and communicate material developed collaboratively with the input of multiple parties
· Collaborating with leaders and strategic partners to drive alignment and execution
· Engaging with C-Level executives to articulate progress and receive guidance or approvals as changes occur
· Enthusiastically engaging on understanding and learning new technologies and applying them creatively
Experience / Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Media/Communications/Computer Science;
· 10+ years of software development or similar technical/engineering experience;
· 5+ years managing complex media and technology environments;
· 4+ years of strategic planning experience or entrepreneurial experience
· Demonstrated experience to structure and analyze complex technology and business problems
· Advanced data management skills with prior experience in media workflow/process modeling
· Strong program management with the ability to deliver results through complex cross-functional, cross-geography teams
· Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills with technology and operations teams as well as senior management
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!