There's millions of great movies, TV shows, and videos you can watch across the world. Using your voice is the easiest way to get to what you want: just ask for it. Amazon Echo and Alexa make this magical for customers: ask any Alexa-enabled device to play your favorite show, and it should appear on your Fire TV, your Echo Show, or your Alexa-connected TV or set-top box. But it's still Day 1 for the voice-enabled video experiences, and we're looking for a leader to help us make it even better.
As the senior manager of the Alexa Video Catalog, Search, and Discovery organization, you will be responsible for leading the effort to invent and improve the ways that customers find and watch videos on Alexa. You will lead your team to create new scalable systems to store the world's full selection of video content, index it intelligently for search, apply personalized inputs to find the right titles for each customer, and to apply Machine Learning to help customers find the perfect new show to binge-watch. You'll work directly with senior business leaders to find ways to achieve aggressive goals, and innovate to find the perfect customer experience for engaging customers with movies, television series, and live events on Alexa.
The ideal candidate is interested in being the hands-on leader of a set of engineering & science teams that are at the heart of innovation for voice + video, passionate about innovating for customers, and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. The role requires leaders with technical depth to guide the development process, a clear vision to unlock future innovation, and project management skills to insure the proper solution is delivered to customers. The person has an attention to detail to deliver solutions that delight customers.
Experience / Skills
· 5+ years of people management in software development
· 10+ years of industry experience building production software
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields
· Professional experience with an object oriented programming language such as (C++, Java, Python, Perl) and experience in system design
· Experience directly managing 8-10 software engineers
· Experience managing multiple teams.
· Excellence in verbal and written communication with peers and senior leaders
· Experience applying Machine Learning at scale
· Experience hiring, developing, and managing scientists
· Experience delivering web services that work at a high scale and high level of availability
· Experience with iterative, agile development methodologies (including scrum)
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
· Excellent object-oriented design and systems architecture skills
· Experience delivering high-scale software systems
· Experience providing high-performing, developer-centric tools and frameworks
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation