Timber + Frame is seeking a skilled and versatile creative editor who can work with our
production teams to take commissioned video projects from ingest to final delivery across a
spectrum of styles, including quick paced 6 second social spots and multi-minute interview
driven short documentaries.
-We are a small creative team who works collaboratively to develop creative concepts, execute projects and look out for each other. We are seeking someone who can join that team as an
-See examples of the work we make on our website to see if your portfolio fits within our general aesthetic.
-Open to one full time or multiple part time positions, tailored to fit and to be negotiated with the right candidate. Option to work from home but not 100% remote. This position is for our Portland, Maine office.
Experience / Skills
Timber + Frame is looking for candidates who first and foremost resonant with the three core
things we believe in as a company:
Treating people well.
Creating quality work.
Making an impact.
In that order.
This person will have a compelling portfolio of past work, strong oral and written
communications, a friendly and professional demeanor, and an interest in creative filmmaking,
● Interest in working in a demanding, dynamic and entrepreneurial setting.
● Passion for storytelling, group critique, and creative problem solving
● 2+ years professional video editing experience
● Proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro, experience in After Effects, color correction and
sound design/mixing a plus
● A proven record of attention to detail with ability to work quickly and efficiently on
● Comfortable managing multiple overlapping projects
● Able to communicate professionally and personably with clients
● A team player that is a quick learner and able to adapt to changing needs on a variety of
● Take projects from ingest to first draft, through client revisions and final delivery
● Contribute to creative direction of projects
● Manage post production timelines, deadlines and delivery of media assets
● Contribute to positive relationships with clients through direct communication including
email and in person edit sessions
● Edit documentary style video content including raw interviews (hour+) and cutting them
into story driven narratives (2 min and less)
● Contribute to sourcing music, stock and archival materials
● Collaborate directly with production teams and founder
● Help evolve best practices and post production workflows
● Keep server and projects organized during and upon completion
To apply for this position submit portfolio (a diverse curated portfolio of projects is preferred over
About Timber + Frame
Timber + Frame is a bi-coastal EMMY award winning creative production company that makes
films and commercials around the world for clients such as United Nations, Intel, Nature
Conservancy, Timberland, and Unilever, among many others.