Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Manager of Live Event Engineering and Operations will be an experienced leader to support system engineering and operations technologies in the oversight, configuration and planning of our Live stream workflows. This position works with the Digital Network Operations Center (DNOC) to ensure accurate alerting and monitoring for the various departments while ensuring the tool and functions of Master control are working seamlessly. This position will be responsible for proper communication, reliability and resiliency of our systems, networking and associated hardware operations as well as collaboration with production and editorial for expended support around updates. The Manager of Live Event Engineering and Operations will play a key role oversight for a new team and unique set of skills to oversee the clean and reliable operation of live event steaming on digital platforms.
Manage hardware systems and escalation within internal and external teams to support live event operations around various timeframes for live event operation
Support live event planning, ensuring all requirements are captured and coordinated properly for operational stability from start to finish
In conjunction with the Director, develop short-term and long-term strategies for operations to drive automation capabilities, standardize media distribution, and realize efficiencies.
Measure and report out on system quality and performance, operational reliability and future roadmap to ensure 99.999% uptime
Collaborates on designs, maintenance and support for safe and reliable operation
Responsible for the configuration, workflow and troubleshooting of all live operation workflows
Maintain design, documentation and management of existing technical systems as well as workflows specific to various live event production needs.
Operational knowledge of scheduling automation systems and full end to end digital workflow from signal acquisition to end user deliver, baseband a/v processing and signal flow
Oversee an operations team and ensure all members are properly trained
Establish, and maintain relationships with key live event partners for streamlined communication
Experience / Skills
• Broadcast or Digital television engineering experience a plus with minimum experience of five (5) years in a broadcast, technical, OTT relevant environment
• Familiarity of MPEG 2 and 4 encoding and decoding, MPEG over IP, multi-way processors, matrix-based communications systems, plant routing systems, and third-party OTT devices
• Experience with HLS, DASH, CMAF, h.264, h.265 technologies and systems for OTT delivery including metadata standards (i.e SCTE, Nielsen, etc.).
• Proficient with MS Office, Visio, Mind-Map, AutoCAD or other workflow representation software
• Excellent communicator and be able to manage highly technical operations teams while interfacing with Engineering, Operations, Production, Editorial, and 3rd party vendors.
• Position requires a cool, level headed individual who works well under the pressures of “live” streaming operations.
• Ability to prepare and deliver written and oral communications of complex matters.
• Ability to support night and weekend assignments as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, compile and deliver regular clear, concise reports detailing system performance and reliability
• Experience in Master Control Operation, QC, & FAX checks and service sign a plus
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Visio, Windows, Linux, Mac OS and cloud-based solutions
• Development or demonstrable both hardware and software troubleshooting experience
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Excellent communicator and able to manage technical operations while interfacing with Engineering, Operations and multiple 3rd parties
• Ability to escalate critical transmission problems quickly and efficiently in order to minimize disruptions. Ability to work around system failures to mitigate interruptions to live and on demand workflows
• Looking for a passionate, results-oriented, hardworking and operationally focused Manager to support the fast evolving and expanding requirements of Live streaming requirements.
• Innovative and flexible thinker, comfortable suggesting solutions and willing to take risks.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.