Role Value Proposition:
This role sits within the Global Brand & Marketing Customer Experience & Design (CX&D) department and is an essential team member that will collaborate with key corporate function stakeholders and business units. This Senior Storyteller is a strong editor, who contributes to projects on both a conceptual and executional level. This individual uses footage (owned and stock), music, VO, motion and sound effects to make relatable and strategic content, while aligning with MetLife’s brand, , enterprise strategy and future vision.
The Senior Storyteller is passionate about taking complex ideas and key messages, and editing a story that is both compelling and connects with audiences. The stories this individual edits will be viewed both on internal and external channels, so this person must understand how to grab the attention of the audience, engage with them, and inspire them to act. This individual will concept and develop scalable content that strategically delivers on business objectives and humanizes the brand, creating emotional connections with our employees and customers.
Naturally, because of access to assets, this person also plays a supporting role as the “gatekeeper” to the internal SAN and NAS drives. They are responsible for maintaining the asset library developed to support MetLife’s brand, edit content from global shoots for the DAM, archive and distribute all final video and photography to the appropriate channels of distribution and work with the Cybrarian to establish a process for uploading assets to the DAM.
- Create strategically impactful creative content, both long and short form, worthy of wide audiences that engage with our customers and our employees
- Create strategic, entertaining, and/or informative visual stories that spans across all media types
- Develop storyboard concepts with confidence to sell ideas to key corporate function stakeholders and business units
- When necessary, source stock footage, music, photography
- Play an advisory role with external agencies and freelance content editors to develop creative content that align with business goals and objectives
- Exceptional collaborator and partner with the ability to manage multiple projects, stakeholders, workflows, and deadlines
- Foster a healthy “one team” culture that values diversity and inclusion, where ideas can be expressed freely, and collaboration and communication are valued as critical to success
- Demonstrates a genuine openness to feedback and constant, fluid change
- Maintain licensing on all photos, videos, both internally created or externally
- Obtain final project assets/source files from vendors and agency partners to archive
- Work with Cybrarian to manage asset library as well as apply correct metadata, tags and cluster tags to digital content
- Partner with internal IT and GTO teams to address concerns or process changes within the DAM, or other internal tools—file sharing, collaboration, etc.
- Work with internal teams and Cybrarian to ensure externals are onboarded in the DAM correctly
- Manage and maintain the SAN and work with SAN contractor to back up older files to tape twice per year
Experience / Skills
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 7-8 years’ professional experience working in storytelling and creative content, spanning all media types
- Formal education in Film/Video, a BA or BFA degree, or equivalent work experience
- Edit short and long-form features, telling creative and meaningful stories from available and produced content
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills and creative thinking capabilities
- Proficiency in Premiere Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, basic to Intermediate skills in motion graphics and compositing using Adobe After Effects. Basic skills using Adobe Photoshop. Well versed in color-correction and audio leveling
- Excellent project management skills (especially with large volumes of digital visual content) and commitment to deadlines, processes and policies
- Set and maintain post-production workflow. Create and maintain project files, video library of stock, interviews and transcripts. Obtain and maintain final project assets/source files from vendors and agency partners
- Hard working, multi-tasker who enjoys taking ownership of projects. Comfortable in fast-paced environment that values creativity, self-motivation, passion, innovation, and accountability
- Ability to understand complex business information and effectively communicate key messages to, and on behalf of, all levels of business. Flexibility in dealing with changing schedules and multiple points of view. Ability to work successfully within a team and navigate a highly matrixed organization. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to take a consultative approach when working cross-functionally
Bonus experience and skills include working knowledge of Adobe XD or equivalent.