The Director of Broadcasting is responsible for live event productions for the conference office (100+ events annually) primarily on ESPN+. Areas of focus include managing all Conference championship live productions, an understanding of technical requirements for successful productions and preparing shoulder content for distribution on social media platforms live, post-game and on demand.
• Plan and execute live Sun Belt Conference content on ESPN+.
• Effectively work with ESPN, institutions, production crew and other key stakeholders on relevant aspects of broadcast operations.
• Perform preparation activities for championship broadcasts. Including preproduction work as needed on switcher, replay and audio hardware and software.
• Visualize and create story lines to include in broadcasts.
• Properly coordinate all sponsorship activations in live broadcasts and studio shows.
• Develop graphics for championships on Ross Xpression.
• Coordinate transmission from venues back to Conference office.
• Assist in the hiring of freelance personnel for production.
• Lead and coordinate studio content for podcasts, social media and other media platforms.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, list of references, and video reel of productions previously worked that include notes on what the applicant did for the production.
All applications can be emailed to:
Senior Associate Commissioner/Football & Broadcasting
Sun Belt Conference
Subject: Director of Broadcasting
Experience / Skills
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 2‐3 years of live production experience, preferably within a campus athletic department.
• Strong knowledge of Tricaster TC2, 3P1 and Ross Xpression or equivalents.
• Understanding of audio routing with a preference of Dante familiarity.
• Ability to help coordinate REMI productions.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.
• Strong shooting, editing and storytelling skills.
• Strong understanding of social media formats and proper media delivery.
• Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others.
• Exude professionalism in all communications and activities.
• Maintain a positive attitude and high level of enthusiasm.
• Exhibit strong problem-solving skills.
• Uphold a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information.