Job Title: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Location: KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI
Reports To: DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION PACKAGING
About LTN Global:
LTN Global's leading media technologies empower content producers and distributors to create, acquire, transform, deliver, and monetize content at scale. Built on the world's fastest and most reliable IP multicast video network, the company's digital media ecosystem supports uniquely unified, optimized, and automated end-to-end workflows that bring customers greater efficiency, agility, and creativity in delivering more content to more viewers. No matter where customers enter this ecosystem, modular solutions and services from LTN add value and streamline each stage in the digital and linear video chains, from any source to every screen. Powered by LTN, customers can deliver the most relevant content and ultimate user experiences on any viewing device and platform, anywhere.
• Oversee the end-to-end production of technical directing and directing specific events focusing on sports and entertainment.
• Technical Direct and Direct events on-site and in-studio.
• Responsible to manage our remote truck and studio control room switchers.
• Ability to build out shows on switchers that can be operated by others.
• Operate broadcast production equipment remotely using VPN’s.
• Develop and update program documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for Technical Director and Director positions.
• Work to plan and set expectations for each specific production.
• Anticipate issues and have alternative workflows thought out in advance.
• Provide post-show report on state of each production.
• Communicate with management staff and production employees in a professional manner
Experience / Skills
• 2-4 years of Live Sports Director and Technical Director experience at collegiate or national level.
• Live switching and directing experience and knowledge of switcher concepts is crucial.
• A strong sense of sports and entertainment production structures, hands-on experience operating in a production environment, ability to work well under pressure, and the ability to easily adapt to flexible situations.
• 3-5 years of live production experience
• 3-5 years of remote production and high knowledge of remote production procedures
• Strong knowledge of Ross Carbonite and Aquity switchers
• Possess a working knowledge of switchers (Grass Valley, Black Magic), video servers, graphics systems (Ross, Viz, Chyron), video routers
• Working knowledge of Adobe Media Encoder
• Knowledge of VPNs and other remote tunneling protocols
• Ability to clearly give quick and decisive direction to crew while under pressure in a live television production environment
• Successful team member with positive demeanor
• Good written and oral communication
• Exceptional organization skills
• Experience working on or with large-scale productions
• Experience with asset management, design workflows, or partnering with creative teams
• Experience serving as a lead or project manager role in directing an event production
• Ability to multi-task in fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Extremely detail-oriented, team player and situational leader to manage successful pre-event production plan through planning, implementation and follow-up of each event
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes (Will be assigned to oversee the direction and production of a specific event)
• Travel Required
• Must accommodate flexible schedule to support evening and weekend event productions
• Prolonged periods sitting in a production truck or studio and working on a computer
• Ability to work in a confined area
• Create positive and organized studio and or remote production environment for all crew associated with a production
Apply on our Careers page at https://ltnglobal.com