This position is responsible for daily operation of the PGATE Transmission Operation Center. This includes the operation of all satellite and fiber transmit/receive equipment, monitoring QC of all signals and communication/coordination with other transmit receive sites. Additionally, this position is responsible for facility transmission scheduling as directed by supervisors including distribution and updates of all transmission related documents to internal and external constituencies in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing all inbound and outbound broadcast fiber feeds
- Provide coordination with on-site satellite and fiber vendors for PGA TOUR incoming and outgoing transmissions Thursday through Sunday and/or any live event as schedule dictates
- Responsible for coordination of transmission information with various international and domestic broadcast partners
- Responsible for the recording of all network backhauls and off-air telecasts as scheduled
- Responsible for creating, distributing and updating the PGATE Master Transmission Schedule as necessary
- Responsible for creating and distributing satellite and fiber coordination documents to PGA TOUR clients
- Create and distribute a daily TOC Transmission Report to Operations and International contacts outlining daily scheduled transmissions and any discrepancies specific to the day’s transmission schedule
- Work with the International Department to maintain and update the PGA TOUR EIF website as required
- Support engineering staff as schedule allows
Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in satellite transmission/reception
- Minimum of three years of experience in C/Ku band satellite reception and broadcast fiber transmission
- Excellent operational knowledge of broadcast satellite operations, including antenna control, High Definition digital satellite receiver/decoders, encoders, including ASI and fiber J2K workflows
- Good operational knowledge of video and audio signal routing, patch fields, frame synchronizers and broadcast video servers for record and playback
- Excellent organizational and technical communication skills, and the ability to work well with others
- Accomplished computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel for creation and distribution of documents
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of digital media applications and IP based workflows
- Flexible work schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays
About PGA TOUR
When most people think of the PGA TOUR, they envision famous golfers, exciting tournaments, and the TOUR’s generous support of more than 3,000 charities. We are all of these things, but there’s much more to the PGA TOUR than meets the eye.
Behind the TOUR’s international reputation for sports excellence and philanthropic leadership is a dedicated team of business, sports management and entertainment professionals working together to support our players and advance our mission.
Headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., we’re a dynamic group of individuals with diverse talents who share a deep respect for the sport of golf and the positive impact it has in communities across the United States and internationally.
If your goals include being part of an exciting team that emphasizes professional development and the personal satisfaction of contributing to important causes, we encourage you to explore the many advantages and benefits of a career with the TOUR.