This is an in-person, full-time position we need to fill. The Operations Manager is responsible for overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control, and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department. The ability to work well as a positive, self-directed, and enthusiastic member of a team is essential. In addition, the position requires a high level of attention to detail and ability to perform a wide range of tasks effectively. This is a new role for our company and someone with previous experience managing 15+ Full-time people and/or freelancers is valued.
1) Oversee operational activities at every level of our organization. Their duties include hiring and training employees and managing quality assurance programs.
2) Coordinates with Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Specialist & Technical Team for accurate company inventory management utilizing (R2) as well as maintaining weekly schedule of labor, equipment & trucking.
3) Prepares weekly schedules for shop tasks such as packing, quality control and outgoing and incoming orders.
4) Operates computers programmed with inventory database (R2) and Excel to record, store and analyze equipment status.
a) This includes a bi-annual inventory review process
5) Provides data to Office Manager for all aspects of payroll including reviewing time-sheets for accuracy and processing bi-weekly payroll.
6) Classifies, records, and summarizes numerical and financial data regarding ongoing equipment needs.
7) Manages ongoing relationship with vendors and labor partners. (Subject to change based on Account Managers & Production Mangers per project).
Experience / Skills
Technical Skills. You are a production management expert. You’ve supported on-site
lighting, rigging, power and A/V for our shows and events.
Agile. You work well under pressure with numerous personality types. You understand
that business needs change – what you do today may not be what you do tomorrow!
Team Player. You love interacting with people. In fact, your interactions with people
GIVE you energy. You take charge and communicate well at all levels.
Organized. You live by the list and creating tasks throughout the planning process, and
you can prioritize customer demands at the drop of a hat. You know what needs to be
done to drive the operational excellence and work with little to no supervision.
Human Resource Essential Functions
1. Manages the performance review process for technical staff.
2. Assists or prepares correspondence as requested to technical staffing.
3. Refers to Office Manager when employee questions related to human resource issues.
4. Maintains an accurate accounting of vacation and other leaves of absence.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time in-person position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
1. Ability to implement successful processes and procedures.
3. Previous experience in Operations Management is desired.
4. Previous experience working with Excel, Word, and other Microsoft related products.
5. Previous experience working with an inventory management system.
2. 10+ years in the live events / audio visual industry
About Cheshire Audio Visual
Your Vision. Our Passion. Since 1994.
Cheshire is an award-winning, full-service Audio, Visual and Lighting Company that uses the latest technology to communicate each client’s unique message. Our meticulous attention to detail at every step ensures a glitch-free, elegant event that makes you look your best. From local, intimate presentations to the large-scale, complex international shows, we’re a seamless extension of your team and we’ll bring your vision to life with passion and pride.