Event Technology & Streaming Specialist
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
The Event Technology & Streaming Specialist is a skilled professional responsible for the seamless execution of technology in live events across various campus venues, meeting spaces, and online through platforms such as Zoom. The Event Technology & Streaming Specialist possesses extensive expertise in the operation of event technology and provides high-end livestream production services for both institutional and outside events in the Greater Boston area, including all Emerson commencement ceremonies. In addition, the Event Technology & Streaming Specialist stays current with the latest presentation technology and accessibility options, serving as a valuable training and information resource for the Emerson community.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Provide technology support for live on-campus events by operating AV and computer technology to control lighting, sound, projection, presentation and streaming communications for programs and meetings in institutional classrooms, conference rooms and event venues such as the Beard Room, the Bordy Theater, Brown & Plofker Gym, Lion's Den, Loft and Private Dining Room
• Act as primary technical Zoom Administrator for the institution and provide direct technical support for institutional webinars and live conferencing meetings and events. Provide VIP technical service for events sponsored by the President's Office, Provost, etc.
• Provide training, troubleshooting and support for classroom AV, control system and connectivity needs to faculty, staff and people presenting and providing instruction in classrooms
• Deliver, setup and strike equipment for events as needed
• Train and supervise student employee staff as necessary to support events and meetings
• Provide high-end livestreaming production services as appropriate for institutional special events - including but not limited to all commencement ceremonies. Make these services available to outside clients in the Greater Boston area as well
• Research, develop, implement and support accessible technology options for in-person and remote events. Provide training and assistance with accessibility resources in classrooms, venues and Zoom meetings
• Provide training on use of portable PA and AV presentation equipment for users in need of equipment for self-serve, ad hoc and informal events
• Process post-event audio and video files from lecture capture, live and online events for upload to video asset repository (Panopto, YouTube, etc.) for educational and institutional uses
• Provide instructional resources and consultation to Emerson community members on dubbing and transfer of media materials for instructional use. Provide occasional media transfer service for internal/VIP purposes
• Consult, advise and manage equipment procurement for temporary installations of media equipment for Emerson campus exhibits, shows and art galleries
• Develop and maintain a shared digital database of available classroom and venue technology and setup options
QUALIFICATIONS - Qualifications are deemed required or preferred and represent what is needed to effectively perform job.
• Bachelor's degree in film, media, or related field required
• 10+ years of experience in AV, sound, lighting and media presentation systems required
• Advanced experience with Zoom and webinar features required (ideally 3 years of experience using these tools in a professional setting)
• Expertise in multi-camera and live switching broadcast environments required (ideally at least 5 years of experience working with these systems)
• Experience with Crestron and Resi live streaming platforms
• Previous experience working in technology for higher education organizations.
• Advanced knowledge of computer-based presentation software, connectivity and operating systems for both Mac and PC required (ideally 5 years of experience working in this type of environment)
• Experience with accessibility accommodation technology resources.
• Previous oversight responsibility for the work of junior workers such as students.
• Proven history of strong customer service quality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES - May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with the job.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with digital media production software systems such as Adobe Creative Suite applications.
• Familiarity with analog media use and presentation.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES - Activities commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs. of equipment and accessories
• Ability to work with students and professionals of varying technical skill levels and understanding
WORK ENVIRONMENT - Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
• Typical office environment plus unobtrusive tech work in event venues and meeting spaces
• Hours are generally 10:45 to 7 PM; Ability to flex schedule to facilitate VIP events as needed during off hours
• Some infrequent travel required.
Disclaimer: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job duties described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Compensation for this position will be between $ 68,691 - $ 84,146 annually, commensurate with experience.
Grade of Position: S-23-09E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
This position will be exclusively represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 888 for purposes of wages, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
In addition to a competitive salary, Emerson College is committed to the health and well-being of our employees and family members. We offer a generous benefits package to regular staff scheduled to work 20+ hours per week.
Benefits include outstanding health plans with limited out-of-pocket expenses, dental plans, generous time-off programs, and a 403(b) retirement benefit with a 9% employer contribution once eligible. Additional benefits such as life and disability coverage as well as commuter offerings are available.
Please refer to our https://hr.emerson.edu/hc/en-us/categories/360001388353-Benefits for a full list of benefits and eligibility requirements.
Event Technology & Streaming Specialist