IDKEY Leverages Unique 3D Surface Scan Ultrasound Technology to Protect Your Digital World
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL--(Marketwired - Jan 12, 2015) - Sonavation®, a pioneer in biometric ultrasound technology for digital security, today announced the launch of its IDKEY biometric security key product line. IDKEY is the most complete FIDO Ready™ U2F/UAF solution for multi-factor authentication that securely protects logical and physical access to online systems, documents, files and facilities.
IDKEY is powered by Sonavation's patented 3D biometric ultrasound surface scan technology, which provides the most in-depth scan of a user's biometric fingerprint, creating a unique identifier for each user that is virtually unspoofable. IDKEY secures a users' access across all digital touchpoints and is convenient, smart and simple, delivering peace of mind that with just a swipe of the finger, a user's identity and online life are protected.
"The current state of passwords is broken," said Bob Stewart, COO, Sonavation®. "Today, a hacker's biggest opportunity is through the digital front door, which is often left open due to poor password security. We've seen multiple instances of this in the past few months alone -- from the iCloud disaster to the recent Sony hack. The best approach to locking this door is with biometric technology. As our fingerprint scanning technology is the most well-developed and sound biometric approach, with IDKEY, we're committed to giving consumers and businesses the most secure environment possible."
Eliminating unauthorized access to on-line accounts and files by providing all users with unique identifiers, IDKEY is fully compliant with FIDO universal 2nd factor (U2F/UAF) standards. With IDKEY, a user's biometric information is stored on the device and off the grid. Additional features of the IDKEY product line include:
- 16GB of encrypted storage to securely store passwords and files and quickly access on-the-go
- Voice search - As the device can store thousands of passwords, use voice search to pull up specific passwords in seconds
- Bluetooth® & Wi-Fi enabled - Seamlessly connect wirelessly, with auto-fill in of passwords to websites, online bank accounts and files
- Uses NFC and Secure Element technology allowing it to be HID® SEOS™ ready
- USB - Plug directly into any computer for immediate access to your passwords and file folders
- OLED screen display - Enter and view your passwords with the simple swipe of a fingerprint and click of a button
- Rechargeable battery
- Water resistant - Device is protected and fully functional in all environments
- Apps for iOS and Android - Ensure ultimate identity security on all devices due to mobile compatibility and functionality
- Software Upgradeable
"As a founding member of the FIDO Alliance, we know that secure authentication is a critical step to solving the pain point of password insecurity," said Stewart. "FIDO standards of multi-factor authentication are the future of digital security and access. With IDKEY, users can own the most advanced FIDO-compliant technology designed to keep their online identities in their own hands."
For more information, please visit www.IDKEY.com.
The Sonavation® product line is designed to provide secure authentication and protection for digital and physical environments for consumers and businesses. Solutions include both embedded and stand-alone device offerings designed to protect physical access as well as online systems, including: eCommerce, financial services, health data and other sensitive applications.
Sonavation® designs and manufactures the industry's leading biometric fingerprint sensors, utilizing ultrasound. Its 3D surface scan and sub-surface technology is protected by 38 awarded patents plus over 70 additional patents filed, making it the world's smallest low-power ultrasound sensor. Headquartered in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., Sonavation® is committed to "Empowering Trust, Delivering Peace of Mind." For more information, please visit http://www.sonavation.com/.
Kate Ryan/Dave Cotrone