WE tv/Authentic Entertainment – Segment Producer, “Amsale Girls”
▪ Supervised the workload for post production on the hour-long series that follows the happenings at Amsale’s bridal salon in New York City titled “Amsale Girls”
▪ Created stringouts of various scenes for the editors
▪ Researched information for dress and bride graphics for all episodes
▪ Assisted Editors with other research and finding interview bites
▪ Worked with online editors for blurs and making other rights and clearances changes
▪ Acquired all outstanding releases and clearances for all episodes
▪ Prepared and Organized deliverables for all six episodes
TLC/Authentic Entertainment – Segment Producer, “The Unpoppables”
▪ Created shoot schedules, interview questions and scene breakdowns for the six episode series about three balloon artists titled “The Unpoppables”
▪ Researched all types of events in the LA area and recorded those interested in participating in the show
▪ Wrote event pitches for internal and network review
▪ Secured network approved events by getting releases signed and walking through the details with the event planner and other key people
▪ Coordinated a venue tour, balloon build schedules and event day details with the event planner and the balloon artists
▪ Set up event day transportation of balloon structures, put together non-copyright music and integrated filming scenes into the pre-existing event schedule
▪ Created daily shoot schedules for crew and talent
▪ Produced a wedding episode, where the bride and groom were married in a balloon altar and the bride came down the aisle in a balloon wedding dress!
WE tv/Authentic Entertainment – Coordinating Producer, “You’re Wearing That!?!”
▪ Assisted in creating the series’ episode structure and casting process for the nine episode makeover series, “You’re Wearing That!?!”
▪ Worked with talent to create episode shoot schedules and prepared them for each shoot
▪ Booked talent for studio shoots and necessary pickups and ensured wardrobe continuity
▪ Scouted and booked retail and reveal party locations for EP 101
▪ Coordinated schedules and shoot details for the series hairstylist, makeup artist and reveal party guests
▪ Informed the field producer and host on talent background information and special needs daily
▪ Ensured retrieval of appearance, location, materials and tradeout agreements from all necessary parties and locations; helped legal revise these agreements as needed to work for special circumstances.
▪ Produced salon segment on set for salon shoot EP 107
▪ Managed wardrobe returns, receipt logs and expenditure rundowns
▪ Researched, priced and determined stock footage for our three celebrity episodes
Discovery Channel/Authentic Entertainment – Associate Producer, “What You Can’t See”
▪ Researched cutting edge science across many subjects to create stories for the Discovery Channel Series “What you Can’t See”; topics crossed many disciplines including microbiology, physics & chemistry.
▪ Served as liaison between scientists and the show’s executive producers
▪ Worked on story development and visualizing scientific concepts
▪ Coordinated shoot schedules and logistics
▪ Managed stock footage from individual scientists and stock houses while keeping track of cost
▪ Advised editor on footage choices and story points
▪ Fact checked and worked on deliverables
MTV Networks – Casting and Production, “Sex with Mom and Dad”
▪ Recruited teens and young adults in the San Diego area for the reality series with Dr. Drew titled, “Sex with Mom and Dad”.
▪ Secured eligible candidates for the show.
▪ Assisted on location with the shooting, equipment and logistics.
Bahati Productions (now Everwild Media) – Associate Producer/Production Coordinator
▪ Managed, researched and organized the preproduction, production and post-production for all projects, all with an environmental focus
▪ Responsible for license acquisition, drafting proposals and coordinating shoots
▪ Acted as the liaison between production staff and network executives
▪ Coordinated documentary shoot with Al Gore for a video titled “Take a Bite out of Global Warming”
▪ Worked with Animal Planet to put together the deliverables for the show “Return to Penguin City”
▪ Managed the work-flow for a series of short videos, “Planet Tropicale”, with Jimmy Buffett for the Discovery network, Planet Green
▪ Assisted in managing the ancillary distribution of the Emmy-Award nominated “A Year On Earth”, a feature environmental documentary, cable TV special and an educational series
▪ Produced and co-shot a full-day shoot for the Earthwatch Institute featuring sea turtle research in Barnegat Bay, NJ
Live Star Entertainment – Associate Producer
▪ Assisted executive producer in development, pre-production, and production
▪ Scheduled and organized shoots, booked crews and venues, researched for stories and operated phone switchboard during live satellite media tours
▪ Coordinated and assistant produced several live sporting events
▪ Created expense spreadsheets, managed production and traveled on location for shoots
▪ Managed work flow for the feature documentary, “We Came to Fight”
Bravo/IMG Media – Post Production Assistant, “Better Half”
▪ Transcribed, digitized and dubbed field tapes for the reality series that aired on Bravo in January 08 called “Better Half”
▪ Indicated the best takes and what should be used. Worked closely with editors and producers
▪ Learned how a reality script is developed
History Channel/Partisan Pictures – Assistant Production Manager, “The Revolution”
▪ Processed information and helped manage post production for “The Revolution”, a thirteen part documentary series for the History Channel
▪ Major responsibilities included assembling deliverables, acting as a liaison between the producers, editors and History Channel executives and serving as a production assistant on shoots for interviewees
▪ Learned to organize the post production of a television series and developed work relations with people at all levels in the industry
Note: Production manager was out of office for two weeks in May during which time I served as the production manager for the series.
HBO/Stick Figure Productions – Post Production Assistant, “I am an Animal”
▪ Assisted in post-production for the documentary “I am an Animal” for HBO
▪ Reviewed and logged archival footage; made selects and worked closely with the producer and editors
RELATED EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Arts in Film and Video Studies & History (2005) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. Courses included but were not limited to: Experimental video, writing for television, animation and documentary film in history.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Filemaker Pro and PowerPoint Experienced with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, Avid systems, Pilotware and DVD Studio Pro
I have been in the industry since 2005.