276 Iven Ave., 1A
Radnor, PA 19087
TELEVISION CREATIVE / WRITER - PRODUCER – DIRECTOR
An experienced creative professional with a skill set that covers video, film and photographic applications from branding and creative development, through copywriting, producing and directing. Client facing abilities include new business development and polished presentation to groups small and large. Specific areas of expertise:
● Directing: directed broadcast advertising on film and tape at the national cable and major network level, multi-camera shows for USA Cable and ESPN channels. Wide experience in directing corporate communications of all types. Directed the performances of many A-list talent as well as casting and directing years of on-camera performances from first-time amateur testimonials to literally hundreds of SAG/AFTRA regulars.
● Producing and Project management: accomplished leadership of large creative and production teams. Line-by-line budgeting for hundreds of television, radio and interactive/web projects; single TV spots to $400,000; single corporate projects to $300,000 plus. Personally produced, prepped and supervised hundreds of editing, voice-over, original music and sound design sessions at high-end post production facilities and studios.
● Copywriting/Strategy: written hundreds of broadcast TV spots; created full TV ad campaigns for clients like the Philadelphia Phillies and Apple Computers; created, written and designed architecture for large scale interactive marketing projects for the world's largest insurance company.
● Production design: Fully grounded in latest generation HD video production and workflow as well as 35 millimeter film production, including motion control and CGI/special effects photography. Extensive skills in set design (50 plus sets designed and built), in art direction, lighting design and storyboarding.
Montgomery Films - 7/2006 to present
Writer-Producer-Director for film, video and new media; DBA Montgomery Films, a sole proprietorship shooting and editing projects for broadcast TV and web application. Consulting with agency creative staff, account management and their clients to shape executions to branding, marketing and sales goals. Sample productions:
- AARP/New York Life: Network/national TV commercial spot campaigns, 35 mm film. An ongoing series that initially established this insurance company’s position as an industry leader in their category and has resulted in increasing awareness and revenues over each succeeding year’s spot, 5 spots total.
- AIG Insurance: Network/national TV commercial campaigns, 35 mm film; a series of 20 spots over eight years produced and directed for the world’s largest insurance company.
- AIG Insurance: Writer/producer/director for interactive marketing, consumer DVD direct mail. Developed concept for this game based interactive DVD, winner “best of category” ADDY Award.
- Personal Career Development Institute (PCDI):30, :60, :120 second TV spots for national broadcast TV distribution shot on HD video. A visually challenging production in which the talent had to climb a real white staircase continuously for :120 seconds.
- Werksan Olympic Weights: On HD video, TV commercial to play on university networks and in translation on-air for the manufacturer in Turkey. One in a long line of sports commercials with sensitivity to the nuances of the particular sport.
Telenium Communications - 6/1998 to 7/2006 (closed for reorganization ‘06)
Director-Producer-Writer, Creative Services for Philadelphia based company with 35-40 employees, advanced video post-production and web development facility downtown, suburban-based, multi-camera broadcast/satellite trucks and Philadelphia’s largest TV studio complex. Contracted directly with CEO/owner of parent corporation to provide creative services. Responsible for overall budgeting and creative aspects in all areas of TV and interactive production. Responsible for new business development and “closer” on sales pitches. Sample productions:
- New York Life/AARP: Directed multiple years’ network/national TV commercial campaigns.
- Guaranteed Trust Life: Created, wrote copy and directed national TV spots for celebrity endorsement campaign. Conducted search and negotiated talent contract directly with major talent agencies.
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers: Designed, directed photography, and supervised editing and computer graphics for large scale trade show video installations.
- Raytheon Corporation: Produced and directed federally contracted government, military and internal video programs for multiple projects worldwide.
Pertinent Experience Prior to 6/1998:
Director of Creative Services, for E.J. Stewart, Philadelphia’s oldest and largest television production company. As lead creative person for 6 years on a staff of over 50, directed national broadcast programs, both in-studio and live multi-camera location for national cable networks, directed a large number of national TV commercial spot projects as well as a long list of marketing and sales productions for major corporate entities, IBM, GTE, RCA, DuPont and many others. Sample productions:
- Philadelphia Phillies: Multiple years developing creative concepts and branding, writing, producing and directing seasons’ broadcast TV and radio campaigns, up to 60 TV spots per season.
- Cleveland Indians: Two seasons shooting for broadcast TV campaigns.
- Maruzen Mates: For Japan’s largest publishing company, a six hour instructional series for both the Japanese and American markets.
- Honda, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, Cadillac: Many regional and multi-regional car commercials for auto companies’ or multi-state dealer association’s ad agencies, each spot airing in up to 35 TV markets.
Director, ABC affiliate WKOW-TV / Supervisor of Creative Services.
Directing live nightly news shows; writing, producing, directing station group promos and all agency commercial production.
University of Wisconsin-Madison, BA degree Radio-TV-Film