Talented individual looking for work as a set dresser, decorator, production designer, prop supervisor, shopper, or an assistant in television, film, theatre, and print.
Understands the preparation and execution of set design. Familiar with how the art department functions with the other departments of production. Experience in working on-set with an educational background in Interior Design.
Currently a part-time Logistics Associate at Old Navy. Enjoy my job, but it's not where I want to be forever. Passion for design, creativity, working on sets, organizing, creating tablescapes, event planning, and baking seriously delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies.
Check out the rest of my profile...
- Great sense of humor
- Mellow, cool, positive, & friendly attitude
- Easy to get along with, compatible
- When it comes down to business won't hesitate to hustle and bustle it out to get the job done quickly and sufficiently.
- Interior Design: model home & hospitality design experience, organization skills, creative development skills, space planning, balance, harmony, color, shopping, creating material and mood boards, vendor relations
- Retail: visual merchandising, customer service, team work, hardware assembly, receive shipment, replenishment, interior and exterior signage for sale promotions, dress mannequins.
- Recreation/Leisure: leadership skills, communication skills, supervised children, park offices, and patrons, organized indoor/outdoor activities.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Attentive to detail and continuity
- Ability to remain attentive and flexible in stressful situations, works well under pressure
- Skilled in vendor relations
- Sharp shopper: deal finder & budget shopping
- Attain the gift of producing creative solutions
- Takes direction very well
- Trainable: ability to learn and pick up new skills quickly & easily, learns how to use tools quickly
- Communication skills: verbal & written
- Critical thinking skills: take extra time to do research, common sense, creative problem solving, analytical
- Great reputation for being well organized and reliable
- Effectively collaborates with team members to meet and exceed goals and expectations
- Independent & flexible
- Strong work ethic: take pride in work and everything I do, hard-working, motivated, multi-tasked, and goal oriented
TECHNICAL DESIGN SKILLS
- Hand drafting: floor plans, space plans, elevations
- Color coordination
- Space planning
- Proficient in creating presentation boards
- 3D model building
TRAINING & EDUCATION
2009 - 41 Sets - Internship - Set Design and Construction - Los Angeles, CA
2004 - Barry Design Associates Inc. - Internship - Hospitality Design - Los Angeles, CA
2004 - Brooks College - Associate of Arts Degree, Interior Design - Long Beach, CA
1995 - Long Beach Polytechnic High School - Diploma - Long Beach, CA
- Currently attending web page design courses: Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks.
- Will soon be taking Google SketchUp and QuickBooks courses.
I have been in the industry since 2009.