I am currently employed with a parts manufacturer in the auto racing industry. I produce video segments to promote the company and our products. In the past I have owned my own grass roots production company and have shot many freelance projects. Since 2009, I have covered the sport of Late Model Racing in the Southeast for Dirtondirt.com as a videographer. I am seeking a position full time in production. I work well with others, but also work efficiently on my own.
Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL. B.A. in Communications w/focus in Broadcasting Tv/Radio
OLD MAN’S GARAGE Race Performance Parts.
Jan 2011 to Present
*Creating original content for the NeSmith Crate Late Model Series and the Fastrak Southeast Series to market OMG’s Race parts.
* Created other online shows, such as; Late Model Rewind, OMG’s Tech Talk, and numerous vignettes about speedways, car builders, and race car parts stores throughout the Southeast.
Jan. 2009 to Jan 2011
* Past productions for Chesnut Bay Resort locally. I directed, and shot, a 30 minute CCTV production for the resort. Resort guests refer to this channel for resort information and points of interests in the surrounding area. Production took place in two states and in three different cities. The project involved local businesses and tourist attractions.
* Commercial work for Green Valley Speedway. I produced a three camera event at the speedway. The entire production, combining the three camera angles, the CG, and audio, was put together entirely in post using Adobe Premiere Pro Multi-Camera application.
July 2009 to Present
I cover Late Model Dirt Track racing around the Southeast and Midwest. I have worked with Dirtondirt.com since July 3, 2009. I have shot races for them in 9 states at 35 different speedways. My duties for Dirtondirt.com include shooting the heat races and feature races, and conducting post race interviews. I have covered several different Super Late Model touring series’ across the Southeast and Midwest including the Lucas Oil Late Model Series, World of Outlaw Late Model Series, The Ultimate Super Late Model Series, Southern All-Stars Series, Southern Regional Racing Series, Ray Cook Southern Nationals, and several important unsanctioned events.
* Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure at Talladega Video-Diary for the participants. July 2010
* Unit 1 Producer B Atlanta Rhythm Section "Live DVD" shoot/Single card credit on a nationally released DVD. Oct 2010
Appalachian Outdoors Television & Outdoor Addictz (Pursuit Channel)
* Camera operator
* Production consultant
Internship, Charter Media & Communications, Gadsden, AL.
• Project editing.
• Field work
• Production assistant.
WJBY 1350 “The Winner”, The Starting Lineup
• Volunteer On-air talent.
• Sports talk and current events.
• Arranged interviews from the world of professional sports and broadcast. Through my racing connections I landed former Busch Series’ champ, and current ESPN analyst Randy Lajoie for an interview and preview to the 2008 Chase for the Nextel Cup.
Assistant Director of Operations, Green Valley Speedway, Glencoe AL.
• Collected and distributed information for company website.
• Promoted the speedway to public.
• Personally prepared a successful $10,000 sales presentation to a major corporation.
• Produced and directed audio podcasts for company’s website.
Multi-Media Editor, The Chanticleer Student Newspaper, Jacksonville State University.
• Senior Staff Writer
• Directed and Produced the Video Podcast for newspaper’s website..
The WorldWide Webb, The Cherokee Post, Centre, AL.
• Maintained a newspaper column for 22 weeks.
Experience with several editing platforms to include: Adobe, Final Cut, Sony Vegas.
Class A CDL, with over the road experience
Michael Rigsby, CEO of Dirtondirt.com
Orland Park, Illinois
I currently am a freelance video-journalist for his company. I have
worked with dirtondirt.com for 17 months.
Jerry Chandler, Professor at Jacksonville State University
I had the pleasure of learning from Mr. Chandler while I was attending school.
I have known Mr. Chandler for 7 years.
Tim Bell, Owner of Chesnut Bay Resort.
I was contracted by Tim Bell to produce a 30 minute CCTV guest relation video for his resort.
I have known Tim Bell for 1 year. He is also a repeat customer of mine in the last year.
I have been in the industry since 2008.