FILM & VIDEO PRODUCTION
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Seasoned Film & Video Production Manager with Sixteen years of video/film production experience including ten years in production management. Experience in all aspects of production: writing, producing, shooting and editing feature films. Educator for nine years instructing film/video production.
2007 to present Bayside Church – Granite Bay, CA
DIRECTOR OF VIDEO PRODUCTIONS
Primary responsibility: Oversee and produce 5 broadcast quality services per weekend providing live feeds to a number of overflow facilities on campus as well as large IMAG screens located in the main facility. It is my job requirement for technical crew facilitation on all visual media equipment, cameras, switchers, shader, as well as video content presentation on the IMAG screens for sermon illustrations. I oversee and schedule technical support for every event and visual media support required facilitation throughout the week in all campus facilities.
• Responsible for seventy plus volunteers that facilitate the weekend services as well as all their training and preparation for each event and over see all technical crews required to facilitate each event.
• Responsible for producing original video and graphical content for all events as well as the weekend services. Overseeing a team a small staff (4 employees) in charge of producing a number of different mediums for graphic rotators, ministry support videos, announcement videos as well as Power Point and keynote presentations.
• Provided direction and training to a number of video crews for a number of ministries thought the Bayside Church community. Managing the field video equipment and checkout procedure and well as overseeing all the field equipment maintenance and repair as well as studio scheduling and maintenance.
• Responsible for overseeing the annual film school as well as curriculum, instruction, hands on demonstration and facilitation of the annual film festival held each year to show case the products that were produced during the course. Courses consisted of - Film 1, Film 2, The Producers course, Directing Actors 101, and Beginning Screenwriting.
• A total 368 students have graduated for the “7C’s Digital Film School” since 2006.
1999 to 2007 – Buckingham Charter Magnet High School – Vacaville, CA
Department Head – Visual Media Arts Department
Was responsible for overseeing and direction of the Visual Media Arts department. My main responsibility was as lead instructor over the Film/video production courses as well as the screenwriting. Overseeing up to three department instructors that covered Audio Recording, Radio Station and transmission, 2 & 3D computer graphic design and visual graphics.
• Instructed and developed curriculum for a number of courses receiving State and Federal funding and approval for Film 1, Film 2, and Beginning Screenwriting 101. Also co-authored a number of course curriculum components for Editing on a non-linear video system.
• Produced and directed a number of award winning short films with the cooperation of the students of Buckingham Charter magnet High School including “Sanctuary” a short film that won the best dramatic short film at the Nashville International Film Festival is 2001 as well as the New York International Film Festival award for best dramatic short for “Little Star” in 2002.
• Most rewarding accomplishment are seeing a number of graduated students go on further their careers in the Television, Audio recording, and motion picture industry.
EDUCATION: Sacramento State University, BA-VE – 2002
American River College, AA – 1979
Los Angeles Film School (HFA)– 1994
STUDIES: Lew Hunter Screenwriting Course 434 – 1998
Koto-Kem lab (Kodak) – 1997
Hollywood Film Institute – 1998
Los Angeles Film School, Directors Master Class – 1999
“Lost & Found” – Drama, Moving Pictures Film Festival - 2008
“Little Star” Best Short – Drama, New York International Film & Video Festival – 2002
“Sanctuary” Governors Award – Nashville Film Festival – Best dramatic Short – 2001
CANEC “Innovations In Excellence In Education Award” – 1999, 2000, 2002, & 203
VPAC Award – Out Standing Contributions in the Performing Arts 2002
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Writer, Director, and Producer:
• “Cat In The Cradle”, Feature, Film DaVinci, 7C’s Films – 2008
• “Lost & Found”, Feature, Film DaVinci, 7C’s Films - 2008
• The Final Job”, Feature, Film DaVinci, Amalgamated Pictures – 2003
• “Inheritance” – Short film, Film DaVinci - 2003
• “Trapt” – Short film, Film DaVinci – 2003
• “Day Care” – Short film, Film DaVinci, Breckenwood Film Institute – 2002
• “Little Star” – Short film, Film DaVinci – 2002
• “Ashes” – Short film, Film DaVinci, Stage 57 Productions –2000
• “Sanctuary” – Short film, Film DaVinci, Spot Productions – 1999
• “Glow” Warner Brothers/ Screenvue, Sidney Pollock - Set construction foremen
• “K-Pax” Universal/MCA, Ian Softly – Set dresser
• “Lucky Numbers” Paramount Pictures, Nora Ephron – Set dresser
• “Mission” Univision, Loren Marsh – Set Production Asst.
• “Down To You” Miramax, Kris Isacsson – Set Production Asst.
• “Open Range” Touchstone, Kevin Costner – Set Production Asst.
• “Beethoven’s 2nd” Universal Pictures, Ralph Daniel – Set Production Asst.
• “Carlito’s Way” Universal Pictures, Brian DePalma – Set Production Asst.
• “Demolition Man” Warner Brothers, Marco Brambilla – Set Production Asst.
• “Addams Family Values” Paramount Pictures, Brian Sonnerfield – Set Production Asst.
• “Rookie Of The Year” 2oth Century Fox, Daniel Stern – Set Production Asst.
• “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III” (US) New Line Cinema, Scott Gillam – Set Production Asst.
• “Wild Bill” United Artist, Walter Hill – Set Production Asst.
• “Adventures Of Brisco County Jr.” Warner Brothers TV (4 episodes) Set PA
• “Lois & Clark The New Adventures of Superman” Warner Brothers TV (3 episodes) – Set PA
• “Sister” Warner Brothers TV (3 episodes) Set PA
COMMERCIALS & CORPERATE VIDEO TRAINNING: Writer, Director, & Producer
• Genesis Project, Lincoln Brewster music video, Integrity Music, I-Tap Electrical Contractors Training, Lifecore Biomedical, Biddle Consulting Group, Studio 24, The Beacon Group, Westfield Mall Corp. Folsom Auto Mall, Barber Auto Dealers Group, Sierra Cable Company, Independent Electrical Contractors Association, Pello Windows, Harvest America, Toyota Motor Corp. (Northern Ca), Mazda (Northern Ca), Nissan (Northern Ca), Kem Dry Cleaning System, Citrus Heights Police Department, Northridge Music Center, MIX 96 Radio Station, Intercom Radio, Agilent Technologies, Dental Bright Corp.
Personal and professional references furnished upon request.