Logistics Producer, Co-Producer, Associate Producer, Line Producer and 1st AD on indie features which all have received distribution. Funding must already be in place. Experience with Movie magic Scheduling and budgeting industry software from script breakdown thru post-production. I am Always looking to help produce an indie film. Look for good scripts and good projects to work on from development through distribution. I have produced, Shot and edited several Documentaries, Behind The Scenes EPKs, interviews, and promotional spots.
Logistical Experience includes:
1) Scheduling and budgeting a film from the breakdown of the script, call sheets & elements using Movie Magic scheduling and Movie Magic Budgeting most updated Software.
2) Hiring Crew/Department heads and post production team
3) Booking Equipment/grip truck/Camera package
4) Locking Locations and Negotiating costs/securing permits
5) Auditioning cast and choosing actors
6) Staying within the production budget and getting the best deals
7) Filling out Crew/cast contracts and paperwork/payments
8) Working with SAG/SAG Paperwork.
9) Working with Insurance for crew/cast/equipment & locations
10) Working with post production crew including editors, sound designers, composers
11) Working with producer and Director to secure distribution. Attend Festivals, and prepare marketing for Indie films.
12) Director of photography and Editor (BTS/EPK/Short segments/Documentaries)
Dependable, faithful and hard worker, able to take on projects from development thru to distribution. Always open to a new challenge. I Have good resources and contacts in the local creative industry. Adjunct Producing instructor at Columbia College for 10+ years. I have a good sense of humor, and love to work in the industry.
IMDB Page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2994047/
I also do small business Commercials and promo editing on Adobe premiere, shooting on HD cameras, interviews, and basic CG graphics including logos and Character Generated descriptions.
Education: Columbia College Chicago Graduated 1986 BA degree
Several References available upon request.
I have been in the industry since 1987.
Director/DP – "The Streets Were My Father" feature Documentary
Producer-Director-Editor – The Father I Never Knew (Feature Documentary)
Line Producer & Producer/Editor/shooter for BTS – The Killing Of Kenneth Chamberlain
Producer – He Sends Rain
Producer/Director/editor/shooter – Documentary: Unexpected Journey, from cancer to a higher calling
Producer/editor/shooter – Documentary: From Reservations to Restoration
Producer – Christian
Co-Producer, and Behind the scenes Documentary producer – Nightlights
Producer – Your Holy Eyes
Producer, and Behind the scenes Documentary producer – Double Negative
Producer, and Behind the scenes documentary producer – Fancypants
Producer, and Behind the scenes documentary producer – Dog Jack
No one will work harder on the set than Don. He’s a high energy, decisive, get things done kind of guy. He cares about every project he works on, treats people with respect, and uses all of the experience he’s amassed over the years to make wise decisions. I highly recommend him.
I have known Don Albert since 1989 and have been involved in numerous productions with him. He is scrupulously honest, industrious, humble, caring, thrifty, resourceful, loyal, patient, efficient and professional - traits which are in short supply in the feature film business. If you are looking for a producer, I can't think of a better pick than Don.
Don has produced and directed Everlasting Love for the past 12 years and has done a fabulous job! He is creative, efficient, and multi-skilled. He manages the crew and ensures that we have a top notch show!
Everlasting Love Show Host
Former School District Administrator
Don is great to work with! Very professional and gets the job done!
Don is a pleasure to work with, very dedicated, knowledgeable and hard working. I highly recommend him and hope to work with him again soon!