CHICAGO, NASHVILLE, NYC, MIAMI, ORLANDO, TAMPA.
Session Makeup Artist & Hair stylist. Commercial. Editorial. Print. Video. Celebrity. Press. Corporate.
HD and on site for video and print productions, press junkets, public appearances and on-camera.
COMMERCIAL CLIENTS ~ Nike, Kohl's, Disney, Nickelodeon, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Verizon, T-Mobile, Kellogg's, Sears/K Mart, Hermès, Burberry, Lord & Taylor, Humana, Humira, Abbvie, McDonald's, Samsung, Nokia, Marlboro, Dodge Durango, Acura, Stila, New Balance, Walmart, Coors, Kleenex, Alcon, Live Nation, NFL, Green Bay Packers, Miss Me Jeans, Target, Crate & Barrel, Kohls, Von Maur, Adidas, Budweiser, Food Network, Benadryl, Landa, Jerzees, Land O Frost, Ogilvie Mather, Leo Burnett, Razorfish, Futureman Digital, Zaffarano Productions, DreamingTree films, James & Sons Jewelers, Chopping Block, Swedish Covenant Hospital, St. Anthony Hospital, Natl. Safety Council, Natl. Parks Foundation, Bonton, The Wit Hotel, Virgin Hotel, Hardrock Hotels, Humira, Workday
CELEBRITIES~ Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Simpson, Martina McBride, Richard Branson, Gweneth Paltrow, Zoey Deschanel, Olympia Dukakis, Chase Rice, Roger Waters, Mike Ditka, Peyton & Archie Manning, Eli Manning, Richard Branson, Jay Leno, Shark Tank- Robert Herjavec and Daymond John, Cloris Leachman, John Oates, Rapper TI, Mario Lopez, Gene Hackman, Ben Vereen, Tim Kazurinsky, Stephanie McMahon, Ashley Green, Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Devante Adams, Randall Cobb, Robert Lasardo & skin care giants Peter Thomas Roth and Janna Ronert of Image Skincare.
PRINT ~ New Beauty, Emmy Magazine, Fitness, More, BHG, Ladies Home Journal, Essence, Marie Claire US, Redbook, Parenting, Fitness, More, Michigan Ave.
Broadcast and TV~ TLC, MTV, VH1, MSN, Style Network, Own/ Harpo, CMT, Travel Channel, ABC 7 Windy City Live, CBS 2, NBC 5, and Fox Chicago among others.
CEO & Live appearance~ United Way, National Safety Council, Acura, Honda, Starcom, Sage and more
Loni is skilled and certified in Airbrush cosmetics and is experienced in Television Media, Film, Agency, Corporate and Men's, Commercial Print, Private events, Political and requested by multiple celebrity clients. Loni was trained by the pioneer/founder of airbrush makeup. She has more than 20 years experience in interpreting the hair and makeup requirements of clients and to produce both a creative and technically accurate visual representation needed for a role. Founder of Fashion Forward Beauty by Loni- her business provides on site services for industry professionals as well as corporate businesses wanting the luxury of on site grooming. Loni feels it is her responsibility to ensure that models, celebrities, performers, presenters and others have suitable make-up and hairstyles for "camera-ready" results. Loni has impressive before and after images and plenty of experience with covering tattoos and skin tone irregularities! She has been hired for her skills at correcting skin tones for concerns such as scarring, tattoos, stretchmarks and vitiligo or port wine stains.
Loni has prepared multiple actors on various film sets pre-production with hair coloring, haircuts or hair extensions to create/maintain an appearance appropriate for a role. Loni has been hired as Key makeup artist for an impressive list of projects with her ability to handle responsibilities of both hair and makeup.
Loni actually IS an artist with a fine arts and education background through high school and college. She continued teaching while owning and operating two salons for 12 years.
Loni currently does Beauty Coaching for pageant contestants, models and actors to better prepare them for roles and projects related to their industry.
Loni has provided makeup & hair services for:
print ads & national publications
fine arts photography
makeup training for talent
Loni is certified or trained with Dreamcatchers and Ultratress hair extensions and Dinair airbrush makeup, MAC, and Makeup Forever for the most natural results achievable on film.
Currently, Loni uses all HD compatible makeup products.
- Studied production requirements, such as character, period, setting, and situation, and applied makeup to performers to alter their appearance to accord with their roles.
- Makeup techniques such as aging, sweat, bruising, blood and wounds, drug influenced and stressful looks of anger are all makeup interpretations I have created for HD motion picture film and stage.
- Examined sketches, photographs in period files to obtain an image of character to be depicted.
- Conferred with stage and motion picture officials and performer to determine alterations to be made and makeup to be used.
- Designed prostheses of rubber latex or plastic and requisitions cosmetics and makeup materials, such as wigs, beards, rouge, powder, and grease paint.
- Applied prostheses, cosmetics, and makeup to change such physical characteristics of performer as facial features, skin texture, bodily contours, and dimensions in conjunction with use of airbrush to produce effect appropriate to depict character and situation.
- Advanced studies in hair design and modes of styling for period depicted results.
- Made drawings or models based upon independent research to augment period files.
Exceptional knowledge of advanced makeup artistry and cosmetics industry, advanced training in airbrush methods and tattoo cover-up and fantasy.
Profound ability to address customer concerns, demonstrating empathy while consistently moving the customer towards commitment.
Uncommon ability to organize and control job responsibilities, particularly the accuracy and productivity related to work flow.
In-depth ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in fast paced environment.
Uncommon detail oriented with excellent problem solving and follow-up skills.
Strong interpersonal skills; remarkable ability to achieve results through team leadership.
Excellent time management skill-knowing how long a subject will take to be prepared and working quickly and accurately in time-pressured conditions.
* Excellent organizational skills, respectful of budgets and schedules. Communicate with clients to clarify visual requirements. Production study, which may require further research.
*Produce and sketch design ideas for hairstyles and make-up, practicing on models or myself for simulation to be sent to director or first assistant per review, pre-production.
* Ensure continuity in hair and make-up and liaising with other members of the design team to ensure the overall look/effect is consistent and coherent.
* HD makeup experience in film motion picture and digital print, currently using all HD compatible makeup products.
* Build a rapport with make-up subjects, which may include members of the public who are being interviewed for television as well as professional actors or presenters.
* Demonstrate and implement a practical understanding of lighting, the photographic process, colors and the impact of special effects/make-up processes on the skin and ensure that appropriate action is taken to minimize/eradicate any unpleasant side effects from the use of specialist make-up/hairdressing techniques.
* Take detailed notes and photographs of work, maintaining an up-to-date portfolio of work undertaken.
* Maintain awareness of health and safety issues and legislation.
* Cast facial and body molds, sculpting latex foam - known as prosthesis.
* Fit/manipulate/apply wigs, hairpieces, extensions and prosthetic appliances.
* Maintain wigs, hairpieces, prosthetic and other specialist materials and equipment.
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of available hair and make-up products, sourcing, budgeting and ordering materials and equipment from specialist suppliers. Maintain pro cards for discounted HD makeup and supplies.
I have been in the industry since 1996.
Portfolio for Loni Hale
Key Makeup artist – My Houzz celebrity makeovers featuring Kate Upton
Key groomer – T-Mobile featuring producer artist Zedd
Key Groomer – TCL featuring NBA player Giannis Antetokounmpo
Key mens' groomer – Associated Bank- featuring Green Bay Packers Devante Adams, Jordy Nelson & Randall Cobb
Key Hair & Makeup – Sage Summit - grooming for Robert Herjavec, Daymond John, Richard Branson, Gweneth Paltrow, Mike Ditka
Key Groomer – Project 375 featuring NFL Brandon Marshall
If you are looking for a professional beauty expert who listens to what you have in mind and is able to make it a reality, then Loni is the person you want. She is super qualified, very kind and a great artist. She did a wonderful job at styling me for Mrs. America 2011 and was there for me every step of the way. She truly made me glow! At the pageant I looked forward to sitting at her chair because I felt pampered the whole time! I recommend her without a doubt!